Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Wow steri strip reaction

failed backffailed back Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Recovering from Surgery
oK PEOPLE,THIS IS HOW STUPID SOME OF OUR dOCTORS ARE,Acdf was tuesday and got home thursday,ok in the hospital im on steriods and antibotics,I get home and my hip for the bone graft,and my neck is just red and welping draining like crazy.I go back to the ER and i get admiited,ok I spend 20 hours with Idiots decideing weather to remove them,at htis poiint they are falling of due to the drainage is so much and there soaked,And now they are blistering me,I jave had enough and the evil comes out,I tell these idiots they have 5 minutes to get them off or im choling someone,So i basicaly stay in the hospital cause of a baidaid everyone is affarid to remove because my surgeon is out of town,so now im welped and blisterd and it could all have been avoided if the doctors had half a brain,Im just so mad and to think I have to pay for the stay.

• I have had what you described several times after a surgery. In order for the steri strip to adhere better, Tincture of Benzoin is applied to the skin. If you are allegic like me, you break out in a terrible rash, blisters and oozing. I now tell any doctor I am allergic to Benzoin. When they put the steri strips on without the Benzoin, I have no rash. Check it out.

Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007.
  • I dont even need that stuff on steri strips to make me have horrible itching, and swelling :( I have had many surgeries, and by far I totally hate those things!!!!! I am so sorry!