Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just 4 hours would be nice

MrGrouchMMrGrouch Posts: 108
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Depression and Coping
4 hours, just a 4 hours break from this would really be nice. this 24/7 at about a six is getting on my nerves!!!Just like everyone on this site it's frustrating!!!!

• very frustrating to not be able to get your pain levels down. Do you use any other measures other than meds to help. Heating pad, ice packs or a tens unit?

I am going for a caudal injection tomorrow. I was told I would be completely numb from waist to toes for about 4 hours...oh how I can't wait for that! =D>

Hope you can find something to work for you.

>:D< Karen

>:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Try Meditation. If you need some direction just pm me.

There is a point where I find discomfort turns to warmth, it transcends and lets go. Pain is just energy - in a form that we feel as uncomfortable. The trick is to realize that and move to another spot or change the energy altogether.

At times - taking 20 minutes to focus all of your concentration on it, during the moments - it disappears.

Try a video game - its called distraction - something that interests you - for myself - BattleField or UT or warcraft - although I have never played that. It will give you a break - because the mind will forget to concentrate on the pain, once you put another stimulus in front of it.

I hope you find something that helps.
  • I try to de-focus from the sensation.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I would be happy with even five consecutive pain-free minutes.
    Disability retirement
  • I had a heart Attack just before X-mas. After they but the stints in me my leg pain has gone down considerably. For the most part I can control it now and have strict instructions to go to the ER if it gets bad and show them the stint card( and that is from the cardiologist)
  • Man sometimes Ill get like 40 seconds of absolute pain relief and if feels awesome. Then it comes back lol