Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Unnecessary Facet Joint Injection

subieoutback019ssubieoutback019 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Spinal Injections
Hello, I am a 20 year old male. I have been in 3 serious car accident and have suffered full back damage. I have been given an 11% permanent disability rating for my back from the first 2 accidents and I am awaiting the rating for the 3rd accident because it just happens 2 months ago. A little backround on the situation first.I was seeing a pain management doctor for a little bit over a year and he did at least 5 sets of cortisone injections into my cervical, thorasic and lumbar spine. I just started seeing a new pain management doctor because of the 3 hour wait at the old doctor and the fact that he wasnt listening when i told him the meds weren't working months on end. Anyways, the doctor looked at my MRI's and said that from what can see I never needed any of the injections. Am I looking at any kind of damage from the unnecessary steriod injections. I have read that it can lead to bone density lose and tendon damage and can make the pain worse. Is there anything I should be worried about. These injections were almost 15,000 in total for the last 5 of them that i have had this past year. I have other ones before this doctor also. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You in Advance.

• if i were you i would not worry about the side effect of the spinal injections ,you would need hundreds of them to stand any chance of permanent damage and any doctor worth his salt would know that .you do have one point ..the rarely work on serous back pain ..my mother in law {80} has them one a year before she goes to new Zealand and she is well with them ..but she has the spine of a healthy 30 year old ! where as many of us in here have the spine of a 90 year old ! there are a few electrical devices you could try for you pain and maybe your family doctor could review your pain killers?
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014