Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back again not much relief

Joan62JJoan62 Posts: 21
hi there. Ive posted before but it was lengthy and my situation is still ongoing so i thought id post again and I just posted this on the wrong forum i think too. Ive had a problem for 8 months now. It started with a limp, partial dropfoot, knee weakness and pain around the sacroiliac area and into my right buttock and down the back of that leg. I was sent to physio and had mri and found l4 mile bulge and mild neural foraminal narrowing on that side. Ive had 10 traction treatments now and the pain i feel is now centre back, none down leg or buttock apart from occasionally in calf which the physio says is good but the leg symptoms are still the same mostly, strange sensation a times in knee and weakness in knee that trembles when i bend it and put pressure on it and changing sensations in foot sometimes. Physio is increasing the weight on traction gradully and im having 2 per week but i still cant walk properly or stand on tiptoes or put weight on knee. I have the feeling of rocks in my shoes still but mostly when I've been sitting rather than lying. Does your position alter ths sensation? Am i being impatient? Because i'm not in terrible pain I feel like i'm crazy to complain but I can't feel enough to walk properly. I can't go out.
advertisement

Comments

• Hello is anyone there or did i do something wrong on the site with my posting? Not sure if i posted right.
  • I also have trouble walking,along with alot of pain. I have footdrop and weakness in left leg. Good to see that you are in physio, hopefully with continued determination, this will help.

I tried a muscle stimulator on my calf and foot, to try to get my foot to lift up better to help my footdrop. Not really alot of success with it for myself, have you tried that with physio?

Have you been to see a surgeon, what did he says your next steps would be (ESI's, accupunture, tens water therapy etc)?

Hope that the physio and traction helps.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Hi karen. Im seeing a surgeon before christmas they said but they cant see it pressing on a nerve root so they dont understand why im having so much trouble with it. The right side foramin is slightly narrowed so they said it MIGHT be that but no one seems too bothered. While i lie here virtually unable to walk.are you the karen with the toes that curl under?
  • That's me. I am so glad that you are finally getting in to see a surgeon, as I worried from other posts that you have only been seeing a physiotherapist(although that is Great, it is always a good idea to see a fellowship trained orthopedic or neurosurgeon)

This does not necessarily mean surgery, but they are able to take a good look at your MRI and maybe order more tests, especially since you are having the weakness in your leg and curling of your toes, with partial foot drop.

My footdrop is being caused by my L5 nerve being compressed they believe, although I had a discectomy on that level in July...an MRI after, shows that it is still herniated and pressing on that nerve.

How is your new baby doing, and your 4 other children? I commend you for all that you are going through with 5 small children. Do you have a lot of help at home?

Thinking of you!

big >:D<
    Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Yes i have a great husband who does everything. Im sick of this now though. Thought it was improving but probably wishful thinking. Kids are all fine. what they gonna do about you now?
  • Post Edited by Authority Member Liz
advertisement