Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

S.H. Hall of fame

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
Not long ago Ron posted a S.H. Hall of fame. Simply meaning members who have stayed on the forums for a year or more.
I sometimes wonder what the reasons are. Because I'm sure there are many.
What brings us here is the searching for first hand knowledge of the many many unknowns. And there are many, I wish this site was here for my first 3 or 4 surgeries. Then the surgery itself or other minimally invasive therapies. And the recuperation, healing and if your lucky you and your teams success. Well during that time you'll make friends and form special bonds with some people that could last a long time after you no longer feel the need for S.H.
Those more than likely will move to another social site.
So I'd like to ask you what it is that keeps you comming back, or staying on S.H.
I'll go first:
I'm in chronic, lifetime pain, so that's a no brain er. And on this site i can find other people just like me. Now I wouldn't wish this on anyone. But it's nice to have a place to go where there are people just like me. That fully understand what I go through.
And as for depression, sometimes I think I get as good of advise o here as I do from my P.M. Psych.
And most importantly I feel I have a debt and a responsibility to give back. And try to be here for someone else. Even if I can do nothing more than give them a welcome. That's something.
Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!

• Thanks for sticking it out here. I can't believe I have been a member for almost three years. I did take a bit of a "leave", not because I no longer suffer from back pain, but just to take a break for personal reasons.

I had a severe flare up this summer and now go to pain management. I've been looking up information on my procedures and the posts here on the forums.

So I'm back and hope to not let anything get in the way of my being here for a very long time. I too like to give back to those who have supported me here.

Best to you,

• 2012 will be the year everyone who has been here over 2 years will gett beter and live a beter life, I can feel it, Thats my goal, Then i am going to take a freight train, as far as i can, aint never coming back, Buy me a ticket, all the way to georgia, or untill the train runs out of track,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Unless you are a spiney, people just don't get it. It is nice to speak to others who unfortunately are like myself and understand what a bad day consist of or the fears we have for our future. It is a place to vent, find friends and support. I am and will always be a chronic pain sufferer due to my spine issues. It is a place to go where you are understood. Truly understood. So many of us put on a brave face for family and friends and this is a place we can put our guards down, even if it is just for a few minutes.
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Susan, I hadn't thought of that. And it is so true. I think that most are "chronic pain" sufferers.
    And Marianne, I think we all take a break or leave. Once in a while. I know I do for one reason or another.
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I keep coming back for..well, because of people like you. I consider you a great friend, and many more here on SH. I also come to vent, whine, get advice, and yeah, let my guard down. Find company for my misery sometimes.

When people (family) ask how I am I always say "I'm good, how are you?" I always try to draw the attention quickly away from myself cause hey, I've got nothing to say but complain most of the time. It's just a rerun you know? I get sick of myself so I'd much rather try to help/sympathize with them about their problems.

Here, I can do that and be understood--most of the time. There are some people on SH that think some of us whine to much or complain to much. What's a forum like this for? If we were all healthy, happy people we wouldn't be here right? But, I must admit that nothing irks me more than people (my relatives) who don't/won't try. If we're gonna survive, we have to try right? Sorry got off topic there. I'm bad for that--my train of thought is bad to sidetrack or derail altogether.

How are you doing Jim? Has your pain eased any? I hope you get the approval for the surgery soon.

Great topic Jim. I love SH and the members. It's really been a big help to me these past few years.

• I discovered Spine Health a couple of years ago, as I was desperately searching for information about my diagnosed spondylolisthesis and ways of trying to avoid surgery.

I found lots of information but even more helpful to me was the support and understanding of the fear that I was going through. Once I was told that I needed surgery, I was terrified! People here shared their stories with me and I could tell that they had been through the same thing. Slowly, slowly I began to understand how the surgery would be done, and reading others stories, I began to feel that I might be able to cope with it, and the increasing pain meant that I had to try!

All through my recovery, I really felt that I had a group of friends here that were cheering me on and they totally understood the emotional roller coaster of spinal surgery recovery.

As I improved I wanted to help others that were starting their journey.

As I have degenerative spinal issues throughout my spine, I have been told that I will have spinal pain always now. I am inspired by others who are in far worse situations than me, and I gain strength from them to carry on.

I feel at home here now, and this is a place that I can be 'real' about how I am feeling and not have to pretend that I am fine.

I am still learning about spine issues from members and their experiences.

Thanks everyone, you are all great, and I couldn't have done this journey without you.

>:D< >:D< >:D<

• Amen. Who says we complain too much? Give us a name so we can go to there house and nail them up on a cross and we can toss rocks at them!

We are here to complain and we dont care who knows it damn it!

Thats what this forum is for. We can complain all we want, i been staying up most of the nite trying to think of what i want to complain about in the morning, git-ir-done

Ok sorry maybe i got a litle carried away, We all need a way to vent for sure,

We all have diferent ways of doing it, My legs hurt each day now for 8 years along with nerve pain to where i dont want to even talk about it any more. I just want to forget,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,