Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Any thoughts on my PM experience

grandmesamomggrandmesamom Posts: 181
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Pain Management
I had a horrible experience yesterday during a transforaminal esi. I had my first esi 2 wks ago. They put in an IV,and put me to sleep. It was great because i didn't know what happened to me. I went for the 2nd one yesterday and the same procedure was to be followed. I was assigned an anesthesiologist for sedation and was awake the whole time. It was excruciating ! The Dr started the procedure before I was even situated on the table. It was a rush job and for better lack of words I felt raped. I was sreaming for them to stop and had no control of the situatuion. They offered me morphine after the fact. It was a comedy of errors and I was horrified by the experience.They also want me to come back in 2 weeks for another. I feel worse than before with more leg and groin pain.I do not want to go back. I also called today and said I will not pay for the nurse anethetist because she didn't do her job.
Am I over reacting? This is my first time to a PM DR.
Thank you

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    ..Yours sounds like an awful experience.
    Hopefully, you are going to feel benefit from injection soon.

I have always been awake..but it may depend on location. Really, I have no idea.

Mine were thoracic areas..which I no longer do because they were awful painful and with nausea and not effective.

Then lower back..had several times..and yeah..really hurt..but it didn't last long and doc talked/warned me..through the whole thing. So, I could prepare myself for the pain and pressure.

No one can say if you over reacted. Pain is pain. Sounds like you did good job with talking with them about the experience. Seems doc needs to take a little more time to talk.

Hope they try to satisfy your concerns and your pain.

Good lluck!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History