Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

dmk46ddmk46 Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I'm new here as well. I have a rather bad spine situation. I had a L4 L5 fusion about 8 years ago. Last couple of years I felt like "damn that operation really did work". Now I'm faced with the new x-rays I had taken a couple of days ago because I have been getting "burning" pain all through my legs. It gets worse as the day goes on. Dr.Edited is my Dr. for this. He looked at the x-rays and just said "Wow". Not exactly what you want to hear when you're sitting there WAITING for hope. Not so. He showed me the previous films from 2 years ago and showed how L3 L2 are now being squeezed shut. He said we could do an epidural but I would be right back in 6 weeks. I have a lot of trouble dealing with chronic pain; although I've had it for nearly 30 years, but sometimes you get this "break" and you think you are magically cured. Now I am facing the SCS trial surgery next week. Dave

Post edited to remove name of medical professional by Moderator haglandc

• I know little about groups. Makes sense what you say though. I got a call today from the Dr. office. I told her I would like to try one more facet injection before I make this big move. I have nothing to lose. The last one he gave me lasted nearly 3 YEARS; but he seems to think that will NOT be the case this time. I can only pray. Pain seems to get worse each day. You know of others that have gained relief from nerve pain (pretty bad) without the stimulator?
    I have a lot of faith in what I hear about the SCS. It's just a difficult time of year to be going in for 2 type of surgeries and requiring my wife to take off work etc.