Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New member here

BadgaitBBadgait Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi I am new to the board
I am a 54yr old male who had a right side L4/5 microdicectomy in September last year. I am not taking any medication.
I want to thank others on the board for posting it was a great source of information prior to surgery.

Well it's been a year since surgery and yes I still have problems I cant stand for any reasonable time or walk for any great distance however I will post about that in another forum.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Sorry about your limitations.

You say you're not on medications. Does that mean that your inability to stand or walk any distance is not related to pain?

I'm glad you found info helpful to you prior to surgery. This is the best site ever!

You said you posted elsewhere. I will try to follow and see how you are doing.

Take care!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry to read that your surgery was not as successful as you would have wanted.. that is a huge dissappointment for you..so you know your way around the forums, please make yourself at home! it may be that you need to revisit your surgeon and tell him of your complaints! has this continued even through PT? please don't wait much longer to do something about your problems.. a failed surgery is something your doctor should be made aware of!! good luck to you as you seek pain relief! Jenny :)
  • Hi I'm new to this forum. I have back and neck pain issues. I had an MRI done and it showed an increased signal in my lumbar and degenerative disk in my neck and two spots where my spine curves to the right. No doctors will treat any of the pain so I am on my own right now. I did find some exercises that fixed 75% of my neck pain so there is hope, but my lumbar has a vertebrae that causes a sharp pain and I can't yet find a solution for it. To make things worse I have fibromyalgia which causes generalized pain and it sometimes blurs out the acute pains.
  • Good to hear about your good fitness. May God bless you good health in all your life.