Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New and in need of support

EmsieleeEEmsielee Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in New Member Introductions
Dear all,

About 4 weeks ago I developed a severe thiamine deficiency caused by a malabsorption issue. This has brought about the most painful neuropathy of my feet and toes. I have lyrica for the pain but it does little other than make me dizzy. The pain is constant and varies from a burning to electric shocks and a sudden jolting of my feet.

I have been told it'll recover in eight weeks and I know some people here are permanently hindered so sorry if I offend anybody or annoy people. I just wanted to know how you cope with your pain?

I sleep maybe two hours a night, broken up by strong pains. I can no longer walk properly and I am rapidly losing weight. I feel so guilty on my husband as I wake up screaming most nights and I don't think he has slept since I got this.

Any advice would be welcomed, thank you.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    So sorry for your all you are going through.
    I'm not familiar with the neuropathy. But I wanted to acknowledge what you're going through.

The site has lots of info...and the search on this site may help with bringing you to previous posts on the subject. Hopefully that would be useful to you.

You said you were told recover about eight weeks.. was that from doc? Just suggesting that you notify doc to be sure all is according to plan.

Let us know how you are doing.
    Take care!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Thank you very much, the painkillers are having some effect since I am now able to take 4 times what I was previously on. I will try the music see if it helps. You are all very kind.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am not famaliar with your situation as well but wanted to to say hello!! i do hope the situation is cleared up in 8 weeks although at this time i am sure that seems like a long time away.. i use music to help me with severe pain.. it helps me to relax and takes me away to another place..rock and roll has helped me through many a night!! please have a good look around and make yourself at home.. good luck with your pain issues!! stop by anytime!! Jenny :)