Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical upper Thoracic twisted out of place ?

itmaideniitmaiden Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi, Just got through with my 3rd appeal hearing for SSI yesterday. They failed to provide a proper chair for me so I could get myself up. They gave a chair with no arms. I have extensive injury from one end of my spine to another from 2 car accidents and a physical assault involving a head rotation injury (which the judge didn't want to hear about to understand the injuries I am struggling with).

Well trying to get up to leave the hearing room resulted in twisting my upper back and cervical spine and I found myself in severe pain with at least 2 places (cervical and upper thoracic locations) where the spine was twisted to the left out of position, causing excruciating pain in these regions, to the head and face on the left side, and down my left arm into my thumb area.

At this moment and for the moment these things are somewhat back in place, but the cervical is still "hung".

I do not know if this is bones out of position which it feels like or maybe disc issues. I know I have a lot of soft tissue injury and scar tissue. And this is probably ligament damage causing this ?

I do not have good coordinated medical care or a reliable physician, but can get a local facility to order testing. ( I have not gone through with prior testing for a number of good reasons) but am not sure with this type of problem whether I should go for an MRI or a CT Scan. I hate to overexpose and damage my thyroid as I am already obese and do not want to get "bigger". I have also tried to find facility in or near my state (Arkansas) with the new "Ultra Low Dose EOS" machine. (if you are not familiar with that, look it up, very promising, especially for those who have to have repeated scans - 10 times less radiation than a CT Scan).

Has anyone here had this type of thing, where you can actually feel your spine twisted out of position ? If so, what was the finding ? Was the finding from an MRI or a CT Scan ?

Thank you for responding.