Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

chip,chip,chip

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:57 AM in Chronic Pain
Chronic pain, Pain meds, Surgery after surgery, and my whole spine basically going out from the bottom and working it's way up. This next surgery will have my entire lumbar fused. And the first thoracic disc joining the party. And he'll have to go back into L-5 to see if he can free up the nerves from the scar tissue.
So since 2003 it's been chipping away my entire being. with every surgery the disc immediately above had minor ddd and bulging. Not bad enough to fuse. But it was plain to me not healthy enough to carry the extra weight. And it didn't take long befor it had to be fused too. and on and on.
So this has been chipping away at my manhood, my physical health, my mental health, my mind, and anything else you can think of. Year after year chipping until there dosen't seem like there is anything to do but watch the seasons change.
But who knows, maybe this surgery will be a success. And stop the chipping. Well enough of my bitch fit. Thanks for listening, Jim


Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
advertisement

Comments

  • You have had such a rough time for so very long now. I do hope and prey this next surgery does the trick. Darn it....enough is enough isn't it?

    I am now facing knee replacement surgery. Yuck!! Like you...I have been cut on way to much. I want it all over with.

    Best of l uck to you.

    Ceers :H
    Patsy W
  • I hope this surgery does the job of minimizing your pain. I know how it is, we lose a little more of the way we were intended to be when then put us back together. Best wishes.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • On the other side of the spine of course, but now me, cervical now joins the thoracic, so I hear ya!!

    Lumbar coming after all is fused and stable, but on the list once again --- later!!

    I hope you have some direct and positive answers as to the final. I'm with ya, got your back, am there for ya as they say!!!

    Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hi Jim!

    I wish you all the best with this upcoming surgery.

    Donna
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

    Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

    Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I have only had one spinal surgery but I understand what you're saying. I feel like my old car would feel if it had feelings that is. lol. I really need an overhaul---

    I hope this next surgery is the last one you'll need and that things will finally be good for you. You deserve a break. You've had more than your share.

    Take care,
    Debbie
  • I, like Sunny have only had one surgery(4 months ago) but already know that they need to go back in for more. So the chipping begins.

    You have been through alot, my thoughts and prayers are with you that this will do the trick, and may the chipping stop.

    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Hi Jim,
    Sorry to be to the point, you have been thru hell for sure, and you know we are all here for you.

    With lots of good thoughts and prayers and most of all that this can stop the surgeries.
    I don't know how you do it so long, and not go thru so much depression, the mind is so powerful.
    Hang in there and keep posting , venting, whatever you need to do make it thru this.
    Always know you have a lot of spineys here for you.
    tc
    mary
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,732
    And all of your understanding. My post is one of the reasons I was absent for so long. I just haven't had anything positive to say. Only negative and not the kind of positive reinforcing person that I'd like to be.
    There is a 85% +- chance of a good outcome with all of these surgeries. I think those odds were good enough for all of us. And when you fall into that 15% category. It's such a let down. And so mentally draining, such a heart break. And it dosen't matter whether it's 1 surgery or 10. You still have that heartbreak. Living a less than full life. Having to get through the day with drugs that don't work after a while, and have to be increased time after time over the years. To the point that I think I have now forgot more than I know. And my brain is turning to mush.
    More than anything else it's the amount of time that I've been putting up with this. the chronic pain for more years than I care to remember. And the surgeries since 2003. It's just getting old. With no way out!
    And Brenda, Your spine seems to be disintegrating from every direction. I read all of your cliff notes. And it just goes to show, someones' always got it worse.
    My God girl!
    Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!


  • Hope that this next chop will be the cream of the crop.

    Hope you will find some relief and may it last this time around.

    Wishing you the very best,
    Gracie
  • You deserve to have a perfect result. I know I keep hoping for the right surgery at the right time for me, and a few good wishes your way also.
    Gary
  • Well, I'm sorry to hear about the new surgery, but not surprised of course.

    I also try not to post my sad stories and understand how difficult it is to get on here and be positive when you're feeling down and out about what's happening.

    With my new job, I'm required to do some things that just kill me and I know are doing harm to my spine, but I have to have a job and the 80% that's just using my knowledge keeps me going. It's the other 20% of hauling heavy boxes and lifting that's the hard part.

    But at least I'm not facing another surgery like you are and my thoughts are with you and my heart goes out to you too.

    Hang in there buddy. Maybe this will be the successful last surgery...right? We can always hope. That's what we do - hope and mine is with you right now.

    Take care my friend and be sure to keep us posted, even if your posts aren't what you want them to be. We're here for support and you need some so take all that we have to give.

    Get those ruby slippers on and click your heels together with your wish - maybe the good witch Glenda can make something wonderful happen.

    Cathie
  • Jim.....I havent posted in forever but I read everyday without fail. What youve written here has touched me deeply as im in the same situation. My life was so full and has become days on end of unrelenting pain.
    The docs can offer me nothing as I did too much damage in my accident.After six surgeries and the infection with the SCS installation and removal I couldnt bear the thought of another surgery.
    I dont know where im gonna go from this point , Jim, but I will go down fighting , count on that. Good luck to you all.

    Jimbo
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Sign In or Register to comment.