Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hand/finger issues

Horsegirl123HHorsegirl123 Posts: 23
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
am about 5 months post op from a broken neck due to a fall at c7/T1. I am fused from c5 to t2 with 8 screws and a anterior plate

I have had bilateral numbness on pinky and ring fingers with numbness on tops and bottoms of hands. However lately I am finding that my fingers get "stuck" like if I am holding something like a steering wheel,my hands/fingers get stuck and it is hard to open back up. Evne as I am typing my pinky finger is getting rigid. any thoughts

• I say it is time to put a call into your surgeon. It may or may not be related, but they should take a x-ray to be sure everything is okay. You could have any number of things going on, and you are still rather new out of surgery. I doubt that fusion is complete as of yet, so now would be a good time for them to check it anyway. They may want a emg study, as that could show any issues that may not be relate to your neck. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • thanks

saw surgeon and he basically said I am lucky to be alive...
  • thanks

saw surgeon and he basically said I am lucky to be alive...

• I have no idea if this is relevant, but I have recently begun to have fingers or my hand "lock" and I assumed that it was from arthritis. Just a thought.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.