Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Prolo therapy

daisy maeddaisy mae Posts: 109
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Alternative Treatments
Hello everyone :)

A dr mentioned prolo therapy and suggested I give it a try. This dr is a fantastic dr but sadly not the kind of dr who helps with backs..lol He is a gyn. Anyways his wife is a spiney as well so he knows the h@ll I go through 24-7 and said I should give it a try.."at thiss point you have nothing to lose and you want to exhaust all other possible treatments befor surgery". Sounds resonable. I see my 2nd opinion in Jan...for my back so I will try to gather as much info and advice as i can prior to going.
thanks all

• I had good luck with prolo therapy. I felt I got about 50% better after having it. The Doc. that was going to fuse me said I would only get 50% pain relief from a fusion, so I felt the prolo therapy was well worth it.
  • That's awesome! :)
    I asked my pcp and she said it wouldn't be a bad diea but explained how expensive it would be. Ugh...I am not too sure about it. She is sending the referral in to London to the dr who does it there. She said probably around $750-$800.
    WHY does it seem that everytime I *think* I am on to something that may give me some relief I can't do it because we can't afford it??!!
    I suppose I'll have to religously play the lottery..lol
    I'm SO happy to hear from someone, and that you felt much better after! Did you do it with sedation or awake??
  • My dad swears by prolotherapy.... says it's the only thing that ever helped him. I really want to try it, but my insurance does not cover it. And yes its expensive. I get tired of doctors charging so much for every little thing. I looked up the medication online and its cheap. It was $15 for 250 ml's. They could easily charge 150 dollars per treatment and still make plenty of money. Prolo may not be the cure, but all the reviews I have read were positive and make it sound worthwhile.

...My dad's insurance actually covers prolotherapy. He has a really comprehensive insurance plan. Covers almost anything. Wish I could be so lucky.