Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need a help

alexcolinalexcolin Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi I'm Alex colin,36 years old. Newbie to this forum. I'm working as a consultant for a company. I used to sit and work for than 11-13 hrs a day. I'm having lower back pain and also undergone a physiotherapy treatment for the same. The physiotherapist taught me some exercise. I'm doing that daily for 5 - 10 minutes a day. Is this enough or do i need to undergo any other treatment to overcome the problem.

• Welcome to SH! Sitting for that long even with breaks in between would create back issues for anyone. You will likely find that you probaly would feel better by doing them more frequently and also doing some stretches while walking around at work. Make an excuse to go to the bathroom if needed just to stretch from sitting so long. If it's muscular this should help along with OTC pain meds . If it's something else this will help but you may need to see your doctor for further treatment. They always give at least 6months of conservative treatment before anything radical is done. Good luck and hope you feel better
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    ...and like Michelle said..you might benefit from retraining yourself to working a little differently.

Re' your exercises...I'm sure you would be able to call your therpist with any questions.
    And wondering if that amount of time is enough..I would ask the therapist. Sometimes more of something is not always better.

Therapist should be willing to explain the whats and hows, etc.... so you don't over do and cause any damage.

Take care!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. we are so glad you dropped in! please feel free to have a look around and make yourself at home!! stop by anytime!i hope you are feeling better soon! Jenny :)