Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to this group

tendonshurtttendonshurt Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:58 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everybody, I'm a newbie here but not to pain. I've been suffering with chronic pain since 2003. It started with IBS, then IC which almost killed me it was so severe. When I went into remission I developed severe deep bone pain which turned out to be my tendons deteriorating throughout my whole body. On top of that I have DDD, osteoarthritis, bursitis and sciatica. On a daily bases my pain level ranges from 4 to 8 unpredictable. I have an excellent PM but no cure so I'm treated like a cancer patient.

I also live with my 77 yr old dad. He's blind and his heart functions at 33% so I'm his only caregiver. Life is way to hard in my world. I wish I knew why we all have to suffer so much with pain. I guess that's enough for now. I'm here to help others while helping myself stay distracted.
advertisement

Comments

• welcome to SH.You have definately come to the right place for support.

Bless you for staying with your dad although pain wise it must be very hard.Look forward to seeing you on the boards.Hope that you are able to find a blend of treatments that ease your pain.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i live with my husband and my 80 year old mother in law who is disabled..i am not a caregiver as you are but i do know the stress of having someone ill in your home when you are ill!! when you said,"life is hard!", i really felt for you because i feel like that most days.. i do wish you could find some pain relief.. that would be a blessing in itself!! the constant strain of pain and the stress of your dad is alot for anyone to handle.. stop by the forum anytime! take care!! Jenny :)
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,941
    ..said the same thing...re' treating me as a cancer patient.

I know it's frustrating to have this chronic long term pain. And you have extra care for your dad.. wow.. that's a lot.

Suffering comes to all people..good, bad, rich , poor..It gave me new reason in,"If you don't have your health..."

And it also let's me not sweat the small stuff.And the people in my life say they are more grateful for their relatively pain free days and their general health.

We can't always measure our worth or even know good thing that are happening within our circle of influence.

Hope you take advantage of some of the Respite programs..so you can have some down time to yourself and you'd know your dad is in good hands :)
    Sue
    Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History