Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lumbar and rear end swelling

juleofbcjjuleofbc Posts: 15
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Chronic Pain
Does any one have swelling at the lumbar and down one butt cheek.Dr says he doesn't know why.It is really painful and uncomfortable.It makes you feel like you have some thing stuck between your cheeks.any help out there , PLEASE

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Which doc did you see who didn't know what was going on?...pain doc or primary?

I would go to your primary. I am not a medical person..so i can't say..but your primary should know and run some tests...I would think.

Pain, swelling, redness to name a few things that our bodies do to let us know something..might..need attention.

Good luck..and let us know how it goes:)
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Both doc's,prim,pain, and ortho surgeon,I have 4 level DDD,arthritis,annular tear,spodelthesis,(I think that is how you spell it lol)osteoarthritis and a couple of other little wonders lol,I just found out 3 weeks ago, I dropped 4 inches in 7 months,I went from 6'3" to 5'11"well anyway they all said there is nothing that they can do, and they don't know what is causing it.I know what causes it,I don't know why,It burns,and hurts that clothes rubbing against that area is very painful and uncomfortable.I have even been to Philadelphia(supposed to be the best on the east coast)I was wondering if any body else has the same symtoms and what they do to get relief.I even had the nerves burned by/down there and it only madr=e it a bit worse.When I use to go the the chiro,he always said I have an allergic back, the more you do the worse it gets, he was right lol

thanks for your info : )
  • I have Lumbar DDD and L4-L5 disc bulge and facet arthropy and nerve pain in my legs. I take Cymbalta and Oxycontin which helps for the pain and an anti-inflammatory. Do you take any nerve pain medications? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi Charry,
    I am on Duragesic 100mg, soma,Morphine sulfate Celebrex,lyrica,.It eases it up ,but not enough to keep the sanity.I am also on disabilty.been on it for about 4 yrs now. The leg pain can drive ya crazy.To be some what comfy I have to lay or tilt on my side, This isn't haow we are supposed to be living.Well I hope you get relief.Me and my electric blanket are best friends.What is the Platinum Infrared heating pad, and does it help?

Feel Better Julie
This discussion has been closed.