Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new problem in thoracic area

nutty_tart0200nnutty_tart0200 Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
hi, new to the forum. i have had chronic pain that has been getting gradually worse over 20 odd years and i have a variety of lower back problems as you can see from the mri report date aug 2010,

Minor disc de-hydration is seen in the lumbar spine with preservation of disc height. Minor central disc bulge is seen at L4 - 5 and L5 - S1 levels and L2 - 3 levels but no significant neurologic compromise is seen. No eveidence of spinal stenosis seen. There is mild to moderate facet osteoarthritic change is noted. The distal cord and cauda equina are normal. No significant focal bone marrow lesion is seen in part fro a hemangioma in T11 vertebra.

my problem at the moment is that i have a new pain in my thoracic area, round about T8 -T9 area. it feels like someone has put a sharp knife in the bone and they are twisting constantly. it has a burning sensation that runs through my ribs to the front and hurts when i breath deeply, cough, sneeze and lay on either side at night. i suffer with 3 bulging discs and fact arthritis in the lumbar area and they found a hemangioma in T11. i had an mri scan of my neck and thoracic area in oct 2010 by a neurosurgeon, who said there was nothing that needed operating on, but that doesn't explain my new pain. please help.

• Hi carol and welcome.

You should tell your doctor if you have any new pain,
    or numbness, or limb weakness as this could flag a change in your condition, possibly serious.

Anyhow your symptoms might be for an unrelated condition, maybe a touch of pneumonia.

Best to get it checked out.

I'm not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
  • :D thanks for your reply, i will go and see docs.
    carol :)
  • visited pain consultant and he has ordered an MRI to be done soon

thanks for your help
  • Had MRI and results came back as facet joint arthritis from base of skull to L5 and new hemangioma in T4.

So aswell as the above results I have another hemangioma to put up with. Is this normal to have two of these things.

I will be seeing my pain consultant in about two weeks for diagnostic injections in thoracic area, but for now my question is what else can be done about the hemangiomas and the facet arthritis because the tramadol isn't working.

Thanks in advance
  • Hi Carol,
    I noticed in your post that the time between diagnostic and a treatment plan took a few months.
    I hope you have been as okay as possible. I know how difficult it can be to wait for answers and treatments.
    There are great articles here on Spine Health about facet disorders and treatments. I wish I was able to offer more information but I am not a medical professional and do not want to make statements that imply I know what a doctor might say about your questions.
    I can offer you my support, and let you know that I have been where you are. I hope this and the support of others here on Spine Health is of some comfort you to you. I spent so much time here reading posts and felt like I was not alone in my most difficult times.
  • My I say a huge thank you for your support. It's great to know that I am not alone. Pain is a difficult thing to live with but I have a fantastic husband and son who take excellent care of me and keep me sane (ish) lol

Thanks again for your reply