Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Looking for advice

ajr3az76aajr3az76 Posts: 45
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Depression and Coping
So i am a little more than 4 months post-op on my surgery. I own my business which i have had for almost 8 years with 6 years of previous exp. in same field. I am married with 5 children an feel like a complete waste of a parent and husband. I have been on food stamps for almost 2 years now after filing for bankruptcy back in 2010. we lost everything. My wife went through depression and now i guess its my turn. I have no college experience and find myself wondering wht the hell happened. I Went from making 70k a year to now barely 20k. I dont even know how i am going to make rent this month. I know i am not the only one going through dificult times but i feel soo alone. the last thing i want to do is cause my family more grief but i have no idea how i am goping to provide a decent life for them. I have never in my life felt so completely hopeless and just wish that i could wake up and it was 5 years ago. Any words of encouragement would be nice.

I wonder if i should go see the doctor for some anti-deppresant medication because i hate feeling this way.

• sorry that you are going through a difficult time. You and I had surgery a couple of days appart. My discectomy/lami was unsuccessful and I am now going to have an adr or fusion.

I have also been having some down times, I am giving up my nursing job that I love, and we are moving out of the home we also love, just too much upkeep.

How are you feeling physically after your surgery? I would definately speak to your doctor, they will know what kind of medication to try that may help.Talking to someone can also be helpful.

Keep coming on here, it is a great place to vent and there are always others around to listen.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • It's rough you're going through all this now because of your health. Have you applied for government disability? You really should see your Dr. and get some help from him. I take Cymbalta, an anti-depressant and it also helps with chronic back pain and nerve pain.

I hope you will heal after your surgery but still apply for SSDI if you're in the States. Worrying about finances s something you don't need right now and hope you somehow get social services to help pay the rent this month. Never give up as tomorrow is a new day. Take care. Charry

DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN