Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What natural treatments are there after laminectomy?

Rachelf512RRachelf512 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:58 AM in Alternative Treatments
My husband had Laminectomy on his back over a year ago. He has been taking a form of b12 which is suppose to help with nerve damage. Are there any other natural treatments for nerve issues?
advertisement

Comments

• none
    i had a laminectomy many years ago .if its pain relief you want then its pain killers or TENS /exercise /like swimming .but as for natural /herbal its all crap and wont work .sorry to be hard but its the truth..anyone that says different hasn't got real pain
    tony {UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • There are many well documented treatments for pain, most are listed under titles such as "alternative". The key is to try what you can and when you find something that works, stick with it. I have found that Doctors of Osteopathy and Neurologists seem to be the one who explore more of the alternative therapies. It might be worth it to see if your husband can get an appointment to speak with one or the other.

The key is not to give up.

Kindest regards,

"C"
  • Yes there are many treatment for laminectomy but it take time to get the person heal from it you can simply visit to this link for more informationURL removed, ads contained within

EDITED

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, health care facilities, web sites, or naming of health care professionals is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator Numbskull
  • I am a great believer in doing something although it has to be relevant, contemplating natural remedies having had a laminectomy seems the wrong way round, the best option may be to see the surgeon and ask them they have the results of all the tests and are best placed to suggest the next option.

The theory now is that the sooner PM is started the better, get your husband as fit as possible try to address issues before that have opportunity to become behavioural, express your loss of opportunity and expectations, pain is a team event.

Managing our pain is the best tool we have, this takes time, experience and support.

Thank you for caring.
    John.
  • it may take a while to correctly manage pain without drugs,

but it can be done,

sometimes not 100% but compared to drug side effects,

i beleive it is something worth trying,

magnesium citrate is the first player in the pain court,

helps relax muscles and permits other treatments to add to the natural pain management therapy,

the electric heat pad is my best friend in the morning,

that and some deep tissue massage to irrigate the pain area with oxygen,

Live to Pray
  • Yes of course there are many alternative natural treatments along with vitamin b12

I have used many and a lot has kept me going to keep my sanity,
    I use massage oils dailey with arnica,

Many creams can be used for inflammation and help pain and stiffness,

Most of us who use it know its not for cure but its simply to help manage the pain and help stay more active,

I dont do the vitamins much because from what i read it takes a lot of diferent vitamins to achive results and it can get very expensive,

I use neuroveen which i found on line and helps with nerve pain and i believe its the same concept of having the right vitamins among other things to help inflammation,

For me it takes the guessing game out of figuring out how much of each vitamin i need to see results,

And in Ref: Tony statement =. Anyone who dont believe in using anyt kind of natural remedy even if its in combo with there meds, Have become a slave to the drug company,s and has put there eggs all in 1 basket,

People had pain even in the stone age and guess what ! They found natural remedy around them for infecrions among other conditions,
    Only a fool truly believes drugs is the only answer and discard all natural remedy for there condition,

Find out what your great great great grandmother give your grest great great grandfather when he came in cripled after working in the field from 5 am untill 8 pm hunched over from back pain and went back each day for 40 years,

I bet it was not vicodine or oxy,

Something to think about,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
advertisement