Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

alexhurtingaalexhurting Posts: 1,991
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Chronic Pain
Woke up this morning and the chill in the air just sent nerves in overdrive,
The nerves in the legs get so over active it rides up the spine in to the uper body you just realise you have to go lay back down!

And people wonder why a person cant work, If i would have got in my car to go to a job, would of just drove to the hospital not 7eleven for cofee,

Well hospital is kind of like a 7eleven. They both open 24/7.

Cant decide who has beter cofee 7eleven or the hospital!

Maybe i can get a job at a hospital and work for injections and cofee,
Before i punch in they can inject me, boy i cant wait for lunch time for 2 nd injection,

You want me to work over time??? Oh that going to cost ya, 2 injections,

Welcome to my world! Git-ir-done
Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
2012 scs implant ,

• that sometimes the nurses are taking the injections themselves and giving you a placebo while you're in the hospital. Because when I had my adrenalectomy after my first fusion surgery they said they were giving me shots of morphine but for all I know they could've been shooting me full of sugar water cause I felt no relief! I got out of that hospital ASAP so I could go home and take my own meds and relax
  • Although I don't have a lot of nerve pain, the mechanical pain I have has been unrelenting in my lumbar and any time we have barometric changes, my entire spine hurts from the base of my head all the way down to my butt.

However, I have to get up and go to work and even lift boxes in some cases (yes, I wear my brace). It terrifies me when I know I've got a day coming up where the lumbar pain is bad and I know I have lifting to do, heavy lifting. But, I make it through thank goodness.

The good news: I get four weeks of vacation, 10 holidays and one floating holiday. I also work a flex schedule where I work one full week, then the next week I only work 4 days and have the fifth day off. We also only work 7.5 hour days paid at 8, so the benefits are excellent for a spiney that has no choice but to work.

This week, Friday is my flex day, I'm taking Mon, Tues,& Wed as vacation, holiday on Thursday and Friday then the weekend. So 10 days off and only 3 vacation days used. Hoooooooray!!! My spine is going to love me - Friday is recliner day! :-)

• God I hate working at this friggin job! I was so thinking id' get the retirement letter, but since we are part of enforcement - it ain't happening. I could friggin bawl every morning when I have to get up and come in here. I hate it more than anything in my life! It is crap and I can't believe I have no choice but to keep doing it for another 4 years. I really don't know how I will. The nerve pain since the weather has went south is horrid. Life just sucks!
  • Do you guys have any job suggestions for people suffering with chronic back pain?
    I'm getting out of the military and cannot do my trade anymore...( driver/operator)
  • Hey; you live south of I-80, It should be warmer there for ya.

Or you can just go a little farther west of where your at, and you will be able to warm up, from running away from the bad side of town.

Trying to cheer ya up.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    Sorry to hear about the added pain. Doesnt it all just feel so good!

I am beginning to think we could work out some out of the box work situation.

- Work for Injections
    - Money meter on your PC
    - ?

Only those that know you , just a bit can begin to understand your humor. I think its been one of your most powerful weapons in dealing with everything you face. Can you put a price tag on your humor?

Hope that nerve pain settles down a bit
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I am not sure what job a person can do with bad back. I would think posibly office work if you are able to sit long enough, depends how bad it is i guess,

Hopefully they can help you get set up with some job when you get out of the military,
    Thats at least they can do for your service, Good luck,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I am north of i 80 on rt 6. Same street as the new silver cross hospital, Just went to rinks guns shop in lockport there to the shooting range, i have not been in there shooting fkr last 16 years. Picked up a tourus 40 caliber and finaly did some shooting to releise some stress lol.

Bad part of town is west from here,yep, I aint runing from nobody lol, only place to go to get away from this cold would be florida or at least ky, Only way i would be able to pull off that long of a trip is right after injection like i did 2 years ago, injection helped for about 5 days,

The 5 days was just long enough to make the drive and enjoy the102 temp and came right back,

When is your surgery? Or did you already have it?
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I understand what you mean Alex.

The only time I have to take any oral pain meds(thanks to my pain pump implant)is when it's going to rain or a cold front moves in. Flare ups are not as bad as they use to be but are still rough expecially when the burning pain breaks through.

My BT pain is much worse when a cold front moves in than when it rains. Go figure. :?

I am so thankfull that taking oral pain meds is no longer an everyday thing like it use to be. But I would be so very happy if I did not have to take any at all!!

Now that cold weather is here it's time to get out my leg warmers. They help to ease my leg pain some.

Cheers :H
    Patsy W
  • I am jelious. I know you hurt but i am sure the job helps keep your mind elsewhere for the most part, This siting at home is for the birds,

We always loved to bitch about our jobs and coworkers and bosses, But now i would give anything to just be able to go to a job and keep my mind bussy with any kind of work i think,

I need a job where i can go lay down in my office and get up every few hours just to bitch at people, i am great at that lol

Is there a job position like that where you work? Maybe you can put in a good word for me,

Most of my life i been self employed so i probably would not do too well taking orders,
    I am more use to giving them,

I been looking in the paper for slave driver criple wanted, I cant find anything. Hmmmm,

I think thats discrimination, And discrimination is wrong! Git-ir-done

Ron: Can i put a price on humor? Sure everything has a price, 2 bucks, Sold
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Alex cold out hmmm yeah but sun is shinning.
    I was up 5:30am and took all I had to get up. The cold is not my friend.
    I would love to have a job to get to even in this cold, but as you Alex I would get as far as my car and prob. head to er on days like this.
    Ron has a great point, as you do have sense of humor. (weird as it is I get it)
    I hope you are being careful with that weapon, it sounds like will keep you busy for the winter, at the range.

@big I'm doing some things from home I guess I'm not aloud to say the names of the businesses but they are small and don't bring in a lot. But from one of them I pay for my online schooling I am doing for medical transcribing. You would think with going thru all the docs, and test I would know some of it but Wow it sure exercises my brain daily.
    I can't get ssdi due to not enough credits...I was off work for having a child and few other medical issues. It so stinks they go back 10 consec. yrs. So I am not counting on ssi answer from what lawyer said even with hubby on unemployment and we have 2 junker cars still wouldn't get much if anything. So I can't sit around I have to do something to help out.
    What I find the worst on days with such pain, is not being able to help around the house. I can barley walk and find it hard to even make a nice meal for my family.

What gets me thru on my worst days is chatting with good spineys. And thinking of a lot of you who are so much worse off than I.
    And Alex please be careful and don't shoot your eye out...
    sorry had to quote my hubbies fav. holiday movie.
    @ Jim are we all coming to your house for turkey day, Alex can go shoot the turkey for us.

have pain free days spineys
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Me shoot a turkey? I cant even hit the side of a barn! I might be able to hit the skunk in the driveway with my car and we can have road kill, You ever cook a skunk before mary?
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I read in newspaper that, Rinks was robbed a couple weeks ago.
    My daughter wants me to take her there or to "megasports" in plainfield to teach her how to shoot.
    I bought my then wife a lil 20 cal. years ago.
    She wanted it from me, but she didnt get it, so gonna teach daughter, after i get all this done with w/c.
    Which i'm glad you reminded me, my "foid" card xpires 1/1/12, gotta send in my application.

Have a good day. have fun with your taurus40 cal.
  • Wow who would be crazy enough to hold up a gun shop knowing every person behind the counter is packing a gun, Or did they break in when it was closed?

Suprised i never heard about it, did they catch who did it?
    2012 scs implant ,
This discussion has been closed.