Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to the forum and sciatica.

Angel83AAngel83 Posts: 4
Hello im 28 years old and was diagnosed with sciatica last friday. I have been suffering with this for the last 4-5 months. I get pain down my left leg, bum cheek and knee. I get numbness in the leg a strange tingling feeling and burning sensation. The pain radiates from shooting pain down the leg to dull aching that just wont go.

My gp gave me a list of exercises to do and told me to buy pain killers, so i did the exercises and bought ibuprofen from the pharmacy, i'm currently taking 1200mg a day but they dont seem to help.

I'm stuck and quite lost to be fair, the exercises are making the pain worse and i now have severe back pain to accompany the leg pain. I'm quite miserable and snappy :( i just want to be pain free.

• Hello and welcome.. I am a newbie myself.. My quick lumbar/sciatica story is also on this forum..

If the pain is getting for with whatever exercises u are doing in MY OPINION STOP!!.. goto utube and search for
    Mckenzie pushup method... there is allot of good info on this.. i have been using this for my sciatica and i think it has help or atleast given me a nice stretch. I bought the book off ebay for 15$ and its good to read but if u watch the videos on utube u can get enough info.. the book prettymuch focuses on this type of pushup(its more like a stretch)..

Remember the pain in ur leg and bum is calle referral pain which is really comeing from ur lumbar, but this need to be verified by a Doctor thru MRI.. reason being leg pain can be caused by other things but not normally.. I am going to a orthopedic surgoen tomorrow.. feel free to email me and i will let u know atleast what he told me..
  • Hello, and welcome. I don't have too much to offer, but my understanding of how you feel.

I've had severe sciatica for almost 1.5 years now, with absolutely no relief. Plus it's getting worse over time.

My only suggestion is to try to do your best to stay off it as much as humanly possible. Avoid sitting if you can. I know that seems impossible, but the more you sit, the worse it gets.

Best of luck to you,