Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Some questions

KeeKKee Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I have acouple of questions
1) I have bad nerve damage to the left leg inparticular, is it possible the scs can damage it further and also will it affect the signal, as i will needit to go down my toes?

2) I have tried a tens machine and all this did was really aggrevate the nerve and was painfull to use, does this mean the scs could be similar?

3) I hate having my back touched ie when i had epidural nerve block i fought the surgeon the whole time even under sedation ( was really painful) can they sedate me more?

Basically really worried about the trial op and the actual permenent op because i really cant deal with aggrevation at the back area.

Many Thnks Kee

• The scs trial is realy not a big procedure, they will insert the leads where they feel it will cover the pain, there is many seting on it that they will play around with to try to give you the best pain coverage,

You play around with it for a few days to see if it gives you enough releif to decide if its worth it or not to have it implanted, I dont believe it can cause more nerve damage,

I would not over worry about the trial, Good luck with your trial,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Cheers Alex for reply. i think i am prob like evryone else here. when it comes to the back being playedwith always mkes you nervous. Still waiting for when the trial is, likely in Uk it is done on the National health so no insurance to worry about but cause the PM said it costs about £30,000 he has to get a grant, so waiting for that. Once he has got grant ( which can take anything from 2 weeks to 3 month) i will have a trial for 2 weeks. So just siting and waiting at the mo.They have nt mentioned wether i will have the paddle leads or not but my understanding is that the paddle leads might be better. But apparently i am the ideal candicate for the scs, as been diagnosed with FBSS. Had to be the weirdest conversation with the PM Dr when he asked where my pain was and i said down my legs etc then his reply was thats great, perfect. Not exactly what i was expecting, mind you i suppose least i know i have perfect pain LOL.