Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Stopping by to say Hi!

Benny6.7BBenny6.7 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in New Member Introductions
Hellow, all! I just thought I would give a brief introductino on myself before I start posting on these forums.

Facts of life:
I am a 24 year old male, married, and we have two adorable puppy dogs Ranger and Yamaha. :D I was a physical anthropology major in college, and am in the process of going back to complete the undergraduate work required to get into medical school.

I'm from Indianapolis, IN area - and have lived here my entire life.

My dad is a teaching Physician at IU School of Med; Great to bounce clinical stuff off, but not so much help with really particular stuff he doesn't know about. We both teach each other quite a bit, I take his practice

Health stuff:
I have had intractable migraines from 10 years old and onward, most recently (around age 20) I developed DDD symptoms and have undergone a handful of surgeries and smaller operations at an attempt to remedy this affliction; but to no avail.

I am normally VERY active and love doing distance riding on one of my bicycles (I used to be at 3-4 40mile rides a week, before back stuff...).

Right now I am suffering from constant chronic pain that emanates down my left side into my left thigh, knee shin, and top/side of foot. On my best days its a 6/10 and on my worst a 9-10/10 (can't roll over to get out of bed, or get up from a chair, etc). This is of course AFTER the Spinal Cord Stimulator I had put in this last August, 2011. The stimulation pattern has always been shifty, moving from one spot to another, but not it is either on/off or stimulates my anterior abdominal wall (NOT something pleasant!). At a minimum the lead needs reset, but I am talking to the programmers and my pain management Doc tomorrow about perhaps getting a CT done to rule out any more changes to my L5/S1 area where a fusion might be the next, and BEST, thing to do.

Anyway, that's a little about me - I'll probably post a more detailed story of what I've been going through in the chronic pain or surgery sections later!

Thanks for making such a great site possible everybody!!!

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are suffering with chronic pain!! it does not sound as if the stimulator is doing you much good right now.. i hope it is something as simple as a lead change and nothing as serious as surgery!!there a a few people on the site who use the stimulator and find that it works quite well. i am sure a few spineys will drop in! please make yourself at home here on the forums and stop by anytime!! good luck! Jenny