Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery approved in record time

junipurrwindjjunipurrwind Posts: 53
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well my ACDF C6-7 is scheduled for Dec 7th. Doctors office was worried my insurance may not approve it in time since it just a few weeks away, but they called an hour later saying it was already approved!
Now I am worried because my OS does a nicotine test prior. I am a light smoker, less than 10 cigarettes a day, and have already stopped completely, but I am wondering if it is too late. I will absolutely die if they cancel my surgery!
Any feedback here? I have pre-surgery conference Monday, do you think they will test me then?

ACDF C5-C6 01/2002
ACDF C6-C7 12/2011
Prognosis: Permanent nerve damage in hands/arms, all treatment options exhausted-- lifetime CPP

• Hi; and you said you have completely stopped.
    But you didnt say when, you did stop.

I am in the same situation, and i have been smoke free for 50 days now.
    I read that the chemical in nicotene stays in your system for 4 weeks.
    Some say you can pass that test after 3 weeks if you were a light smoker,

I took the urine test 5 1/2 weeks after quitting and got the results i needed.

Good luck to ya, and hang in there.