Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

After-Surgery Herbal Treatment & Healthy LifeStyle

kilas12kilas12 Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello to all
i love this forum, it helps and inspires me all the time to move forward.
today i just wanted to pay it back with my story...

i started practice yoga 8 months after my surgery (knee and back pain) years ago.
yoga gave me a huge feeling of being the very part of nature. i quit using medications, eating meat, i walk a lot, etc...
now i love organic teas (my favourite - herbal tazo), twice a week - warm baths filled with sea salts, everyday vitamins (one-a-day 50+), morning contrast shower, herbal patch for local pain treatment, which i still sometimes have (snogg patch)...

my yoga class taught me a lot, but one was the most appreciated: the greatest healer is you - your spirit, your mind and body, your lifestyle, and only sometimes - your doctor...

be and stay healthy,
Jim Kilas

• Thanks Jim,
    This so much our cup of tea! I have been learning a lot in the direction of alternative medicine and away from orthodox medicine. There is so much information out there and the more I learned the more I was gonna burst if I did not share it. I started a blog with a close friend of mine to relieve some of this pressure. I have switched to all organic foods, only grass fed live stock I try to buy as much food from farms that I can visit and meet the farmer while seeing what they practice. I believe alternative/holistic medicine is most effective as a preventative but have found some amazing options for replacing corrective orthodox medicine.
    we need all the support we can get to get a good start becoming part of the movement for a healthier America. I share some personal experience with some great healing practices and post news and fun stuff.
  • I will keep all that in mind once i can get my pain under control, I am glad some people want to help the world become much more healrhy,

I will go talk to the farmer to see what he feeds his animals before i buy his meat, i think he is only 800 miles away, What the big deal i can buy a plane ticket and have someone push me in a wheel chair to the farmers house,

Maybe he has a good animal dr that can fix my failed back surgery, Then i can fly another 860 miles to see where they grow tomatoes organic of course,

I still need bread, oh oh. Where they make my bread? Hope i dont have to travel to europe for bread, i also need organic milk, This could take a while,

I am glad some of you health nuts have time for this health crazy life,

Some of us are so overwhelmed with chronic pain issues day to day that this health eating fedish is not on our priority list,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • My husband only buys grain fed chicken and find it tasted better. But I'm just about done hearing about snogg patches. Give me a break! I think I should get some and see if they snogg away my pain!
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Jim:

I applaud you on your search for relief from life's ills and pain. I have a daughter who is deeply into yoga (Ashtanga?), pilates (certified instructor), and massage (LMT). She is also a vegan. Unfortunate for me, she lives in Hawaii and I live in Tennessee. Otherwise, I would have her manipulate me physically (all parents know how their children manipulate them mentally).

So, I read your post with some personal identification, but I still side with Alex. Maybe I am set in my ways?

To sum it up, modern medicine does little more than burn, poison or cut out the offending tissue. Holistic approach is seldom used; although there is a stronger movement in that direction. Your experience is evidence of this.

Sadly, that movement gets associated with the myriad of "far out" movements and is sterotyped as weird. In my opinion, Alex's response underscores this. For most of us it is not feasible to visit the farm (producer) of our food source.

But, and don't get me wrong, I strongly support the belief that we need to assume personal responsibility for our lifestyle (diet, rest, exercise). What got us in our predicament and what will be successful therapeutic resolution of our predicament is unique - just as unique as each of us. Nothing should be ruled out. I have learned this lesson. Might even submit to acupuncture in the coming weeks, while I eat meat and drink a beer!
  • Read what Charry said, she is the only one paying attention.

It's just a pair of spammers pushing that same bs product. Probably the same 2 we found last time. Looks like the same nonsense post to each other.

As for holistic. I don't need to go to the farms. I eat some organic and some grain fed but for the most part not so much. They're too damned proud of themselves and the organic stuff is marked up ridiculously high. Eat smarter and balance your diet and take some kind of vitamin supplements. Do some basic exercise. Your body should regulate itself unless you have other problems.
  • this is just what i want to share with, z06. nothing more. if it helps other people, i'm glad, if it spams someone's life, just don't read it...
  • i try to eat grass fed chicken meat myself (and it is indeed much tastier), but i can't see a difference between organic and non-organic eggs though...
  • dear Mitchell
    could you give me a link to your blog?
  • Hello, I've been studying this forum since a week ago. I found it so simple and awesome and an urge developed in me to become a member of this community. So I got registered here and I want to say hello to all...!
  • Hi, If you are going to have a surgical treatment, you undoubtedly have a list of things you have to take care of first. At or near the top of that list should be one crucial reminder - what should be the exact and accurate type of edit that you should take the advantage from. It has been researched that each herbal surgery and each patient is unique. In spite of this, there are a number of universal tips that can help patients better prepare for eye surgery and speed their recovery time. There are many benefits of such surgeries for example improvements to pre-existing medical conditions related to obesity or prevention of obesity-related diseases or increased energy or or increased self-esteem and at the top of all the "Weight loss".

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Authority Member Liz
  • Could a moderator just delete this thread instead of editing out all the SPAM.
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    Is that like surgery after your doctor has smoked some herb?? Or does the patient smoke or ingest some herb? Oh Please explain!!

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• / Is that like surgery after your doctor has smoked some herb?? Or does the patient smoke or ingest some herb? Oh Please explain!! /
    whatever works for you, i guess...