I am 31 years old male. In the recent months I have some problems with my legs, especially the left one. Sometimes when I walk I feel unstable, I feel my legs very light at times, and I feel my left leg not very coordinated. I have had severe back pain several times in the past after some injuries in the fitness, but in the recent year I do not have much pain in the back, only rarely.
These are my lumbar MRI results (Sorry if my translation to English is not very correct):
- smoothed physiological Lordosis
- signs on the disc surfaces of T11, T12, L1 and L2 from past scheuermann-mau disease
- T11-T12 - osteochondrosis changes with disc dehydration. Paramedian left disc protrusion engaging front arachnoid space and the neuroforamen. Facet hypertrophy
- L1-L2 - osteochondrosis changes with disc dehydration. Circumferential disc protrusion, engaging the neuroforamen on both sides, but more on the left. Facet hypertrophy
- L2-L3 - no changes
- L3-L4 - no changes
- L4-L5 - Facet hypertrophy
- L5-S1 - osteochondrosis changes with disc dehydration. Median disc herniation compressing the roots and the dural sac. Facet hypertrophy
These are my EMG results:
Front roots changes L4-L5 on both sides. L more than R. Smaller changes also on S1. Strongly reduced number of F waves on n. peroneus on both sides. The waves on n. tibialis are with longer latencies on both sides.
High AP from m. tibialis ant. in left and m.ext.digitorum brevis in left. The recordings from the first are interferating and the recordings from the second are middle. Sensitivity of the legs is normal.
There is no denervation in the examined muscles.
I am totally confused now. I visited neuro-surgeon - he told me that I am not for surgery and to be treated by neurologist. The neurologist gave me a bunch of anti-inflammatory drugs which I am taking and told me that if I can walk everything is ok, but I do not feel ok at all
what is my condition? What is causing the problems in my legs?
Is this DDD? Or is it stenosis? Is it the L5-S1 herniation? Is it sciatica?
I am totally confused...
Thanks in advance for any answers