Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Knee issues - Help with MRI

frenchfriffrenchfri Posts: 325
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
I have been part of Spine-health for about a year. I have been on the neck and spinal section because I had an ACDF C5-6 C6-7 on 12/09/2010. I found this site to be most helpful emotionally and medically.
I have been having issues with my knees. SO I finally went and had an MRI on my right knee. I was able to get a copy of the report and CD of MRI, but still waiting to hear from Dr. Hope someone can help interpret the report. I understand the part that mention no tears and I am pleased to read that part.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Signal abnormality is present in the cartilage overlying the media aspect of the patella with superficial cartilage irregularity. Subchondral cyst formation is present with adjacent bone marrow edema. There is also evidence for signal abnormality in the cartilage overlying the medial aspect of the trochlea with superficial cartilage loss and associated subchondral bone marrow edema. Mild subchondral bone marrow edema is present posterior aspect of the lateral femoral condyle with superficial loss of adjacent cartilage. Signal abnormality is present in the cartilage on the posterior aspect of the medial femoral condyle.
a 1.9 x 0.7 x 0.9 cm multiloculkated cyst is present on the posterior aspect of the joint capsule posterior to the posterior cruciate ligament.
There is no evidence for a medial or lateral meniscal tear. The anterior cruciate, posterior crucuiate, medial collateral and later collateral ligaments are intact. The quadricepts and patellar tendons are intact.

• I have knee issues also and finally am seeing an Orthopedic Surgeon Dec. 6th after waiting a long time. Who ordered the MRI the Orthopedic Surgeon or your Family Dr? If it was the Surgeon at least you won't have to wait long for a surgery consult. I always Google all the terms on my MRI so it gives me a better understanding when I go into see the Dr.

My knee showed degeneration also so I have mild Osteoarthritis but your Dr. will let you know what needs to be done about the cyst and pathology and how it affects your nerves and if you're having pain.

I find ice has been helpful to take away the knee pain and a prescription anti-inflammatory like Naproxen. A knee brace is helpful when I walk as well as a tensor but don't wear it to bed or around the house.

Did you have a specific knee injury? I hope everything will be alright and good you don't have any tears. Keep us posted what the Dr. says. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I think it is just arthritis and take diclofenac 3x a day. My neck is covered and I guess my knee also. The Rheumatoid arthritis Dr ordered the MRI. I was in a car accident in Sept and my lower back has been giving me issues and seems sore all the time. I was trying to rule out back issues. I may ask my OSS to order a thoracic and lower back MRI to see what is going on. He did a cervical since I have been getting headaches and pain, not too much new there which is good. Bulge at C4-5 with minimal flattening of the thecal sac. There seems to be arthritis everywhere with neural foraminal narrowing moderate ate 3-4 and moderate to sever at 4-5. Thankfully all else is fine. I would like to know what to do about the arthritis. How do I slow down the progression. I want to feel my age, not 20 years older. Only 50. I am also going to a vascular dr in December (Had to wait over a month) to confirm TOS or to figure out why my hands turn blue and ice cold with various positioning. If it is just Raynauds I am in big trouble since there is not much you can do about it. Thanks for listening to me rant and rave. I usually have a better outlook. I will try and focus on the positive. My plate and screws are intact and no new herniations or fractures. Thanks again for you comment. :)
This discussion has been closed.