Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

12 Hours Until Surgery!

TrixieMamaTTrixieMama Posts: 64
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello my friends!

Wow! After a year of waiting and being lost in the WC system I am having the first part of my 360 degree fusion at 7am in the morning! Tomorrow's surgery will be an ALIF with 4-5 day hospital stay and then 7-10 in rehab. Second surgery will be December 17th with the same length of stay for the PLIF.

So far i'm not feeling very nervous per se, really just anxious about being away from my kids. I think all parents can relate. I think i'm about as ready as possible. Bags are packed and already in the car. I suspect once I get to the hospital a bit of anxiety will set in. Others here have suggested asking for something to relax my nerves which I suspect I will.

Well my spiney friends, I will see you on the other side of surgery :) I will try to post asap. And, if you all would say a prayer for me, i'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you all for your support and help you have given me along the way!

• Best whishes, and i will sure say a prayer for you and your family.
  • Hey Kimberly,

Your attitude sounds great. Im glad to hear you are not very nervous. The less stress you have the better you will heal and recover. I will be sending tons of positive energy your way tmrw. Take care and i look forward to your post-op updates.

• Thank you both for your support and prayers!

Ryan, I will def keep you up to date :) Thx for your continued support, encouragement and advice!

Hugs to you both and thank you again!

• Best wishes with your surgery. I'll keep you in my prayers and am looking forward to hearing from you once you've reached the other side, are home from the hospital and rehab and you feel up to posting. Love 'n >:D< >:D< >:D< , Ess
  • Kimberly,

Good luck with surgery, look forward to reading your post-op. A positive attitude will go along way in your recovery, and don't let the pain of the first surgery get you down, going into the second surgery. Just keep in mind the roller coaster does come to a stop in due time. Good luck.
  • Oh my, just a few hours left now. Good luck with everything. Do you have some chapstick and lotion? Those are the two items I always make sure I pack because my lips always get chapped and my hands feel dry. A handful of quarters for the vending machines isn't a bad idea as well.

I'm sure the next few days of pain won't be fun, but you'll handle it like the trooper you are, and soon you'll be on the recovering side of things. Again, good luck.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • i will prayer to padre pio to help you .
    You will know the true benefits of life,by helping someone who can never repay you!
  • You are probably in surgery right now.Saying a prayer for you, and sending positive, healing vibes.

Look forward to hearing from you when you are able.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012

• Thinking of you and praying for you.
    Hope that all goes smoothly and that you will have excellent pain control on waking.
    Let them know if you are struggling with the pain.

You are now on the way to healing and getting in a better shape to enjoy your family. :-)

Keep trusting and allow God to carry you through
    >:D< >:D< >:D<

• You should be awake now.
    I'm praying that your pain is being well controlled and that the surgery has gone smoothly and to plan.

You haave a long way to go yet, but your healing journey has begun.

>:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Hope your first surgery went well and your pain is being controlled.

>:D< >:D<

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008