Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

post-op recovery of diabetic with lumbar decompression and fusion

neeseymayenneeseymaye Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My husband is post-op day 16 from lumbar fusion and decompression L3/4 and L4/5. He has had a rough week basically. He is on Percocet which he does take a couple of times a day and Cymbalta 60 mg twice a day. He is having left buttock pain radiating down left leg into left foot which he had previous to surgery. He states that it is worse now. We both are aware that this is from the nerve swelling and may take months to go away. However, he is discouraged and I can see it all over his face. He is a non-insulin dependent diabetic and our neurosurgeon stated that his nerves are more sensitive due to his diabetes. I would like to know if others have experienced this type of pain and what medications may have worked for you. He is walking around the house without a problem and his worst time of day is at night. Any suggestions? Any encouraging words cause we really need it right now. Thanks..neesey