Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What would you do?

elleell Posts: 33
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi, I just want your take on this. I have had surgery at c5/6 and now I have bone spur developed?? into my spinal cord. So it affects my walking, and continued nerve pain. I did have a difficult time with the c5/6 surgery ie blood clottiing... poor recovery /results. Should i take my chance again with this. I want my life back.


  • Ell,

    Surgery is such a personal choice, it is very hard for anyone to make that decision for you. I know you and I have chatted on multiple occasions and if memory serves me correctly you have myelopathy? If that indeed is the case, well surgery won't change that situation. However, if the new compression is once agin putting you back to that level, well then it might be the only choice you have, as to not let it get worse.

    AS far as the blood clot deal, well you need to be talking to the surgeon about the steps they would take to avoid that this go around. Of course I am sure they will do a overall assessments as to wether or not your fit for surgery. But I would be sure to ask about all the questions that made your last recovery hard ahead of time. Whatever choice you choose I am sure it will be the right choice for you.
  • I know being like this for so long it isn't likely to change me rapidly. I would approach it as the last resort as I always have, and will address blood clotting issues even before, if i need to be on a blood thinner before I will be. I just worry so much about how bad can this get before i can't walk. Its hard to distinguish between the mylopathy , the bone spur and just plain old aging :) Well thank you again ...
  • Waiting to see a surgeon and continue to be stressing. I just don't know...if you had a central cord issue, is it possible to be fixed, any good stories, or is this a forever me...i just have so many issues with it
  • Hi Ell,

    I am just starting to work my way back to SH (again-LOL), and I have been reading some posts. I am sorry to find you with this challenge. I just wanted to send you some positive and caring thoughts! I hope you find an answer to fix this or at least manage the pain better. Please keep us informed! I pray that you are feeling well, and you can enjoy your Christmas!
    Thinking of you

  • Hi Glo,
    Good to see your response and hope to see more of you again here. May you as well have a great Christmas holiday and thinking of you too,

    hugs (((((((Glo)))))))))
Sign In or Register to comment.