Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

DDD in lots of pain and no idea what will happen ..

ronald moorerronald moore Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi i suffer from ddd and also on wafrine for life so makes any surgery difficult i am only 38 . i have had a c7 ..disk replacement but have a lot more problems have been told i have a lot of ware and tare in my lumber spine.... and as of first op they put a cage in but the bone above has collapsed down onto the cage .... not sure whats happening am in alot of pain , can any one offer me some advice thanks.....

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    post, I am not sure what your exact medical situation is.
    What was the problem, what kind of surgery, etc.

Please explain in more detail and clearer.

This will make it easier for others to read your post and respond
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • If I read you post correctly it sounds as if your dealing with a Non-Union in your C7/? area and DDD in your lumbar area.

According to what you wrote your disc's are collapsing on to each other in the C7/? area.

This can happen in a non-union, when this happens it can pinch your nerves in that area causing new pain and numbness.I'm dealing with this same issue only in a different location.

There is a wealth of information on this site.

In the search box at the top of the page type in the terms

Fusion,DDD,NonUnion,Pseudoarthrosis,Laminectomy/Decompression and you will get a much clearer picture of what is going on with your back.
    I hope this helped.