Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

IFuse SI joint implant surgery ?

jenk0709jjenk0709 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi, I am new to this site and am hoping for some insight or advice... I am 24 years old, and have had SI problems (bilateral) since my first pregnancy 5 years ago. The chronic pain has gotten progressively worse, and I am in physical therapy and have tried multiple sets of SI joint injections- which were successful in diagnosing the problem as SI joints causing pain- but unsuccessful in any pain relief. That said,
I am considering this procedure, wondering if anyone has tried this and what their experiences have been like? Recovery times, etc..?
I will need it done on both si joints, the thought of being "fused" is a bit frightening, but I am desperate for some actual relief from this chronic back pain.

My PM doctor wants me to do the radio-frequency ablation procedure next week- and I am very uncertain about that as well, as I have read very conflicting things the more I research this.
I am holding out for now and seeking a second opinion scheduled at the beginning of December.. Just thought I'd ask around about the iFuse surgery before hand as I am anticipating that conversation with the surgeon I'll have the consult with.
Any information or advice is appreciated!

• HI Jen,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find others dealing with the same issues you are. You might try posting your questions in the SI joint forum, located under the pain topic. There are some doctors who man that section from the product manufacture, but there is also some good post in the section that might be worth your read. You can also look in the anouncements section and find the logs from a chat awhile back, that might be helpful.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health.
  • Thank you, I will try that! I guess I should have looked around a little more before posting...oops lol.
    thanks again :)