Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C2-7, CESI questions?

FarmgirlNCFFarmgirlNC Posts: 13
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi All!

Another new board member, wahoo! (no..wahoos hurt too much anymore)! Too bad our "introduction" isn't under more pleasant circumstances. I'm glad for a place to converse with people who know, understand and accept it's not whining, but reality. Other than my family and close friends, no one knows why I am the way I "am"...

I'm scheduled for my first CESI next week, and have questions.

They recently discovered that all of my cervical discs are protruding, and I have varying degrees of "stuff" going on. My worst pain seems to follow the C3 nerve dermatome, though.

The report says it's to be done at level C7/T1. How does the medicine get up to C2/3? Does it? What can I expect following?

• First welcome if I haven't already said so. As far as having a cervical epidural steroid injection, it sounds as though they are targeting that area. You will get some overall relief from the medications in general. For some reason I think your doctor feels your symptoms are of the lower disc. You might want to call and verify that is the level they really want done? It is not because they can't be done at the higher levels as they can. Hopefully the injection helps your pain, and you begin to feel better.
  • Thanks Tamtam!

I've been reading a bit, and one of the UK reports said they like the space at C7-T1 for multi levels, but they tilt patients there with that entry? I didn't know if they do that here, too.

My arms *have* started going numb after this last Spurling test (I told the PA, "I wouldn't do that, if I were you.") He was a strong guy..The path for that would be the level they're targeting. I'll ask about the C3, too.

Is this something that I'll have to make plans for my heavier chores following (pushing a wheelbarrow around to feed, etc.)? They make it sound pretty quick and easy. Thanks!