Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

cervical fusion still numbness

miss grumpymmiss grumpy Posts: 107
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
hi all. iv not been here for ages, i had a fusion at c6/c7 a year and a half ago the numbness and pins and needles in my right arm and hand never left, i still have numbness in my left hand as well, the bone took a year to start to fuse. and my right arm still has stiffness and pain when i try to raise it out away from my body so to speak. is this normal? thank-you for taking the time to read this.

• ok maybe i should have asked if anyone else had experienced this. thanks for reading.
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    I've had 4 surgeries on my C-spine over the past 5 years .... last round was 3+ years ago .... I still have radiculopathy (numbness ... tingling) in/on my left arm and into the top of my left hand .... Pinky and ring finger ... top of hand. Neck and shoulder pain also.

So .... Yes .... for some people, the presurgical problems never fully resolve or over time get worse.

Hopefully with more time your issues will fully resolve. When was your last cervical MRI???
    May be worth talking to you doc(s) about getting a freash one to check the status of everything.

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• thank-you for replying it feels less worrying to know im not alone, i am being sent for another scan soon. i have osteoarthritis in my cervical spine. so i suppose its to be expected. thank-you again.
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    And unfortunately it is called Degenerative Disc Disease for a reason .... it typically is progressive and over time can/may get worse.

Our surgeries will hopefully slow down the progress and provide stability and reduced pain.

I'm sure by now you have heard of post fusion adjacent disk disease. If not ... let me know or search the threads for more exciting info....

Still an additude of graditude for what is still positive with our old bods is suggested.... I can still walk and am not bed ridden .... (on most days).

Tomorrow is a day dedicated to graditude .... Gobble Gobble!! .... I rather see a turkey than be one!!!

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• ha ha thats so funny, i had a friend once say to me, if i find you out jogging again im gonna call you swan neck! i dont fancy being a swan but they are prettier than a turkey! gobble gobble

T :)))