Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

prp therapy

miserable1mmiserable1 Posts: 22
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Spinal Injections
info about prp injections please
has anyone tried these shots and had anyluck for cervical spine problems
i just heard from someonewho had it for knee and joints problems who gave pos feedback.
any info appeciated.
You will know the true benefits of life,by helping someone who can never repay you!

• RossoneroRRossonero Posts: 5
    edited 09/13/2014 - 11:22 PM
    While I've never had PRP therapy, I am scheduled to receive it in less than a month. The website below has a lot of good info. on it. EDIT Personally it sounds very encouraging. To be deemed a candidate for the treatment, have a doctor review your latest MRI, the MRI report and any treatments you've tried up til now and what results they've given you.

The jury is still out on PRP’s effectiveness, although I did some research and the results were encouraging in a study done by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23230401

Cost-wise the quote I got for two levels of my back was $1,250. It is NOT covered by insurance. There's a decent chance I may have to go back for anywhere from 3-5 total injections, so you could be looking at costs of $3,750 (3 injections) up to $6,250 (5 injections). Of course that does not include any travel costs if you have to travel out of state like I do. While that is expensive, it's far, far cheaper than surgery and MUCH safer. Hope that helps.

Link removed, it is not permitted.Please read the Forum rules
    Post Edited by Liz The Spine-Health Moderator Team

Never quit and never give up.