Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pinched nerve in neck, seeing chiropractor, am I doing the right thing?

jessicaw412jjessicaw412 Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have had numbness in my right arm, and jaw area that occurs when I sit or have my head tilted down for the last month. I have been seeing a chiropractor for the last month and it has been helping some. I have also had xrays and an MRI w/o contrast done that have both come back normal. The chiropractor seems to be helping but I am still unable to sit or sleep in certain positions or tilt my head down w/o having numbness. If I stay in the position too long I eventually get nauseated. I am only 27 and afraid that since it is taking so long to heal that I am not seeking the right treatment. Any suggestions?

• First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find many whom had a hard time getting diagnosed. As far as being at chiro, that is a personal choice. Being that you have had a MRI and a x-ray and nothing showed the good news is there shouldn't be any cord involvement. With that said there are other test that can be done such as myelograms, or even a mri with contrast. Also they can do a emg study, that will study the nerves. Which doctor ordered the MRI? Typical spine doctors like to read the images for themselves and not what the radiologist has written. Did you get a copy of the MRI report, to be sure it didn't show anything. If not I would try that avenue, just to double check. Typically having issues with numbness is not a good thing. You might also check into seeing a neurologist, as they will typically get to the bottom of what is causing the issues and do more investigating.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health.
  • My PCP has been the one ordering the test. The PCP suggested an EMG next but after speaking with several people that have had similar issues and had the test done. I have decided not to do it. I feel as though I will have to go through the discomfort of the test and still pass it since my symptoms go away if I change my posture or position. I will call a neruo. Thanks for your advice.