Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

love my spanielllove my spaniel Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in New Member Introductions
hi there
55 yr old laydeee [lol]

woke up one morning in aug 2010 with 2 prolapsed discs
[L4/5 both sides] had severe back /groin pain and leg spasms ambulance took me to A/E they thought l had kidney stones but xray showed not ! was admitted to the SAU dept no orthapedic gp was available so was sent home after 4 hrs in agony[ with no pain relief ] with 2 PARACETAMOL !!!!
l could hardly get out of bed let alone walk !!! my 71 yr old sister got a wheelchair for me and took me home
nxt day my gp came out and was so angry id been left like that and give me oramorph, diclofenic and co codomol to manage the pain

now after 2 mri and a steroid inj last dec l have now been told l have arachonoidosis
while all this was going on i had other medical probs with no rhyme or reason and very frustrating

talk about confused dot com !!! [lol] l thought l was going mad

now reading about this condition it ticks a lot of the boxes of other problems ive been having which l would never had thought had any thing to do with this

severe fatigue, high BP, insommnia,itching [ almost everywhere + worse at night ] joint pains, numbness in legs , pins and needles
crawling sensations, pain sitting, pain walking ect

glad l found this site and sorry ive waffled on a bit

but sooo..... glad ive got a LABEL for my probs