Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New patient to the forums, not new to the pain :(

Tara IonescuTTara Ionescu Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi my name is Tara :) Im a 35 year old proud Army wife with two kids and one furbaby :) My daughter who turned 16 yesterday is the light of my life. My son who is 6 is amazing! Hes autistic and finally learned how to talk :)
My beautiful husband is Romania, who I brought over through immigration over 5 yrs ago. We just celebrated 8 years together. :)

I had back surgery, a lower limbar fusion on L5/S1 with rods and screws Feb 15 2011 this year.
Before my surgery I spent 5 years going from dr to dr trying to figure out why I had such horrible lower back and leg pain. I was even once put into a study on Fibro even though I knew i did not have it.
January 2011 I went to see an orthopedic dr. Since i have tricare standard for my insurance I do not need referrals.
He put me into PT, which made my pain worse. By this time my Primary Dr had me on 400 mgs of tramadol a day.
The Ortho Dr sent me to see the Ortho surgeon. On Feb 4 I met him and per my 100th MRI he showed how my spine was deformed, possibly happening due to a car accident I had 13 yrs ago.
Feb 15th I was in sugery having the lumbar fusion, ONLY bc he sd Ot would make me better!!
I am a bit over 8 months after sugery and my pain in my legs has trippled while my back pain has doubled!!
I no longer see him, as my hubby recieved orders for GA and we are now here.
I have a new ortho surg who swears up and down anyone with that surgery is 100% better after month 3. He put me into pain mamagment. My PM Dr is amazing, she listens and cares.
However whats important is before surgery I was on 400 mgs of tramadol, after surgery 10mgs of vicodin 2 4x's a day to now 10 mgs of percocet, 1 3x's a day and methadone 10 mgs, 1 twice a day!
But my pain is still worse! Everyone says everything looks fine but my pain says otherwise! Im scared bc I dont know whats wrong! I just want the pain gone :( 
I should be an active person as I have a full plate being an Army FRG leader and raising one teen and one challenging child. 
I want to feel goid again without having to pop a pain pill! :( 
And the worst part is I feel so alone. :( 

• URL removed, solicitation not permitted
  • URL removed, solicitation not permitted
  • Ok why are all of the replies I recived written in only chinese??
  • It seems the site has been majorly spammed, by a chinese spammer of all things. The mods and Authorities will have it cleaned up shortly.

although I can't say much to help you, I can understand your frustration, I've had a total of 4 surgeries now to supposedly improve my spine and pain. My last lumbar surgery has increased my pain by at least 5 fold, and at times put me in so much pain I am curled up in a ball on the floor or bed in massive pain.

I pray that you get relief and understanding what the cause of your problems are. I thank you for your service and you deserve answers.
  • It is in Japanese and is basically gibberish.
  • Gary,
    Thank you.
    Do your dr's know why you have elevated pain everytime you go in for surgery?
    No one should have to endure this kind of pain. I am so sorry you have suffered so much. They are talking about removing my rods and screws in April, hoping the fusion has fused. Its been almost 8 momths and my fusion still has not fused.
    Im just regretting the initial surgery that I feel made me worse. I want to be able to play with my son, hes always wamting to play nurf ball or something thst requires running. For a 6 yr old with a 3 yr old mentallity (hes autistic) he seems to understand my suffering more than most dr's. :)
  • Correction: its been almost 9 months
  • I agree with Anelsen Any doctor who says 100% should be taken with a grain of salt and a lot of research nothing in life is 100 percent guaranteed esp when dealing with the human body. I can feel your pain though I had one surgery pain was worse a second a month later and pain was still worse then in the start.. but with some OTC meds and Cymbalta was bearable and in May it became ten fold worse and is killing me .... Have another surgery ? I wish if it would work I dread if it makes it any worse.. The back is a difficult part of the body that seems to have a mind of it's own it lets you know when you have done too much and stiffens up to let you know you aren't moving enough but if it can or will be fixed is almost a trial and error game..
    Welcome and Have a great great week always here if you need to talk rant vent scream I do not mind I understand
  • Thank you very much!
    Yes I agree and honestly he said this while prepping for surgery. I should have run but was so desperate to be rid of all my pain. If Id known Id be worse then I wouldve opt out.
    But now I suffer and for me its become very difficult to trust anyone in the medicl field.
  • Btw, is it normal to all of a sudden having severe neck pain for a week now? My Pain Dr is out of town and having a hard time getting into my crappy new ortho Dr.
  • No pain is normal but I developed severe left sided pain going down my left arm MRI showed nothing and come to find out it all muscle related I seem to hold my stress on that side of my neck and shoulder because when the doctor would push on it I could feel the pain shoot so they said the muscle get swollen and pinches a nerve. Can never hurt to get it checked out.
    Have a great day with less pain
    Sheryl :)
  • spam post removed by Authority Member Liz