Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Not doing much.

nmacnnmac Posts: 112
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Depression and Coping
I have been having increasing pain and barely able to make it through the work day. I just had 5 days off and hardly did anything. I had my usual pain and leg pain and some kind of stomach bug. I have alot on my mind since the OS just offered a 3 level ACDF and I need to decide what to do next. Hubby not supportive of surgery. He told me that "everyone who has surgery seems to be worse off.Your last surgery didn't work out and the doctor made you worse. 'You are the one who's sick, don't take it out on me." I think I may be feeling sorry for myself some. Could some kind of anti depressant help me cope better with my condition? I am feeling very overwelmed with the decision of whether or not to have surgery or what to try next. It seems to be something I have to decide on my own. Right now I just want to cry and get a big hug.
Severe DDD. Klippel Feil Deformity. Cervical Foraminatomy that turned into Lamy. I have tried so many treatments, therapy's and medications.

• If you are feeling down, and out, yes meds will help. Have you ever had depression before? I wish your husband would be more supportive!
    Here are some hugs for you! >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • I haven't been depressed before. I know some of my problem is the pain making me feel bad. I live rural, so once I get home from work and every afternoon I take pain meds. I don't drive very often when I take them, so I am isolated. I may approach this subject with my PCP. I already take soooo many other meds. I am reluctant to add more. Thx for the hugs. I am hoping Hubby will come around to supportive soon.
    Severe DDD. Klippel Feil Deformity. Cervical Foraminatomy that turned into Lamy. I have tried so many treatments, therapy's and medications.
  • I take Cymbalta and Wellbutrin but the Cymbalta really helps with nerve pain also as well as depression. Talk to your Dr. it could be a chemical imbalance that could help with an anti-depressant.

I'm hoping if you need to have surgery you also have another opinion from another Orthopedic or Neurosurgeon. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN