Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hi im back moaning

miss grumpymmiss grumpy Posts: 107
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
hi my cervical fusion just over a year ago didnt make an awful lot of difference, i was able to raise my arm again but the numbness and pins and needles is the same and now 18 months on im having difficulty raising my arm out to the side again, i expect they will go through the whole process again lots of waiting and then finally fuse the next vertebrae, i just wonder if you have cervical stenosis is this going to be made worse through jogging. am i just being ridiculousness to hope that i can put on my trainers again, and will yoga be a good thing. does any one have any personal experiences they can enlighten me with?.

Tina :??

• p.s not looking for medical advice.. just others experiance of going through more than one fusion
  • Well i have been through more than one fusion, but the one thing is there was no consistency that is for sure. Well except pain, but the symptoms were different and so was my ability to do things. Now the good news is you know what to expect. Keep in mind that is not uncommon for adjacent disc disease once they have fused one level or more. One question I would be asking is what are the risk of the other levels near your fusion? Of course the obvious can it be treated without surgery, and to the degree of the issues your having now.

Well glad the first one worked out well, but it bites to have another level go out. As far as what you should or shouldn't be doing, I would let the doctors decide that if I was in your shoes, once imaging has been completed. But you know what they say if hurts wrong don't do it.
  • thanks tamtam.
    trouble is as probably most people on this sight know every thing hurts, so how on earth can i get slim and fit without doing more disc damage. the dr said dont do any impact stuff, but the consultant whos advice i followed said now you can do anything, spin on your head, go horse back riding, i wonder where he was coming from. im hoping its not too late to stop the damage iv caused by going jogging.