Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

neck pain and dizziness post surgery

Horsegirl123HHorsegirl123 Posts: 23
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had neck surgery six months ago broke my neck at c7/t1..and now fused from C5to T2 with screws and a plate. Couple weird things lately... Lots of nerve pain in shoulder blades and hands but Im guessing that is normal. I have been getting these weird dizzy spells when I stand up. When I wake up I feel kinda like I have a hang over.
Even though I do not...

• I would put in a call to your doctor asap.
  • deedee117ddeedee117 Posts: 1
    edited 04/11/2013 - 9:05 AM
    I had surgery on March 21, 2012, they fused together my 5 & 6th with plate and screws. It has been a little over a year and neck seems ok, but I am dizzy all the time. Sometimes I walk in the middle of the night and fill drunk. I just came back from the ENT since my other doctor thought it was something to to with sinus etc, I think differently I know it is from surgery. So he told me I need to retrain my brain to not be dizzy and gave me some exercises to do and said tennis, paddle boarding etc are a great way to train your brain. I will try this for 1 month and then he wants to do a scan to see if anything is in there. Again I think it is my neck. I will mention next time in 3 weeks if I am not better that I think it is all from the neck and hopefully they can treat me differently. It is basically a wait and see thing, they said neck surgeries take a lot of time for your body to get used to the foreign object they but on the neck and it could take a while, I am good with that but over a year I feel is a long time. I just have to wait and go through all the steps to get where I really want to be. I will update when I see how after a month of exercise and some sinus/allergy pills will help. He put me on Zytec and said it can help with the dizziness It has only been 2 days and so far no different...
  • HesterHHester Posts: 90
    edited 04/11/2013 - 10:47 AM
    I had surgery in mid March with a one level cervical fusion. Every since then I am constantly dizzy when standing and it is horrible when walking - almost like I have no clue what is up/down/right/left. I cannot drive or work b/c it is so bad. They have run a battery of tests to rule out stroke or bleeding and it does not appear to be any of those diagnosis. Tomorrow I go to an ENT. My guess is "cervical vertigo" but I have no idea how this will resolve. Please post if you find something that works. (Three weeks of feeling like I'm on a carnival ride. . . .)
    Age 55
    Herniated L4-5 1992
    DDD diagnosed
    Hysterectomy 2005
    Steven Johnsons Syndrome 2008-09
    Gastroparesis 2009-10
    Right ankle and toe reconstruction 2012
    ACDF C6-7 surgery March 2013
    Stroke? Cancer? MS? Who knows! in inferior cerebellum 2013
  • So I forgot I [posted this question here in 2012. I am have the same symptoms again I google them and found my original post. I don't have any answers either. The last weeks the dizziness has returned. it is when i stand up or when i roll from side to side at night in bed. I have also had increasing neck pain again.