Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Myofacial Pain Syndrome

Mojo20MMojo20 Posts: 22
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have been experiencing pain for approx 4 months and have seen numerous dr's and finally went to Rheumo last week and he thinks I have MPS. I have researched it and certainly see the symptoms but i have some that could possibly be Fibro as well...anyone else with the crossover? I have another visit with Rheumo next week as they ran blood tests to eliminate certain viruses. I hope to have a definite dx soon so i can start some sort of therapy. This has been unbearable in the sense that its taken so long to get to any answers and the different meds have taken a toll on me. I'm not a good med taker at all so they have made me sick on top of totally fatigued and just plain miserable! HA..i'm a breath of fresh air today..sorry..I have already talked to hubby and bff and could tell they were sick of hearing my problems today so yall are the lucky ones :) I will feel better after its off my chest though.

Thanks for providing a vent forum and please if anyone has MPS with mild Fibro please let me know your personal experiences. Thanks so much!

• Have you watched the video here on myofacial pain syndrome? It is fairly good and shows how it works. Given what I see on your MRI readings it certainly is possible all of your symptoms are coming from your cervical spine issues. Sounds like your headed on the right path with the rheumo to get to the bottom of it.

It might help if you make a diary of the symptoms before your next appointment to see when the feelings are worse and what makes you feel better. The symptoms are very important for them to make a accurate diagnoses. Good luck and hope they get to the bottom of it.