Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Blazer's Surgery Tomorrow, 12/2

essmoe29eessmoe29 Posts: 317
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
We'll all be pulling for you, Jim. Best wishes, and let us know how it went as soon as you feel up to posting. >:D< >:D< >:D< , Ess

• I'll be praying for ya Jim. :)
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Good luck and sending positive thoughts and healing prayers your way Jim. Post as soon as you are able to let us know how your doing.
  • Thinking of you today. You're very strong and know you will get through this okay. Sending up a prayer for you. >:D< Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Thinking of you today and sending you the very best wishes. I hope everything goes as planned and your recovery is as smooth as possible.

• You are in my thoughts and prayers today Jim. You have been waiting for this day, and prepared well for it, including your great success of quitting smoking =D>

Now you will be on your way to a whole new beginning.

When you are up to it, please let us know how you are doing.

big gentle >:D<

>:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Hello people,
    I am new to this forum thing, but am impressed with this site and the caring of the members. I am having second thoughts about my surgery. My surgeon is very experienced with great reviews, but he did not spend more then 5 minutes explaining the surgery to me. I have disc disease and stenosis from C-5 to C-7 and have been in chronic pain for 10 years. It is completely disrupting my life. Finally, after I called his nurse she informed me I will be having a lamenectomy and they will decide on fusion after they go in. I cannot go in for the pre-op until the day before surgery and I expect they will explain then, but my instincts, or is it my FEAR are telling me to wait. Has anyone had this surgery? I would really appreciate any advice. I feel completely lost and not in control. Thank you with all my heart,
  • You are in my thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery. Hoping for good pain control afterwards and that this time will be the key to getting rid of your pain and getting you back to your life.

As we were surgery twins back in March 2010, I am very aware that I am not having surgery with you this time. I suspect it will be my turn in the future, on my neck, but I leave it to you for now.

I will be here and cheer you on during your recovery.

• First, welcome to Spine Health. This is a great place for information and to meet with others who really understand what spine problems is like.

Can I suggest that you start your own thread, then more people will get to meet you.

The fear before spine surgery is well known by most of us here. What many of us find is that the anxiety before surgery is actually worse than the actual surgery itself.

I suggest that you use this site to read and find out all you can about your condition and the posterior cervical surgery that is being recommended. As you read, you could have a pen and paper handy and write down the questions that you will think of. Then when you see your surgeon at the pre-assessment, you can ask them.

It is very scary to put ourselves in the hands of our surgeon, which is why you need to feel comfortable in their care. Have you had any other opinions? If you did, and got the same diagnosis and suggestion for treatment, that would probably help to settle your mind.

Do stay around and keep asking questions. This is a great place for support.

• Dear Jelly,
    Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I am so glad that I found this site. It is as you know very lonely because others cannot understand our pain without going through it. Please excuse my ignorance....but how do I start a thread?

This was my second opinion. The other doctor, and my current doctor's first opinion, was an anterior disectomy and to remove 2 dics with a bone graft. Now he wants to remove 3. The nurse told me about the lamenectomy and that they were not sure of fusion. I have now made up my mind to wait and get more opinions. I have just started to educate myself with so much help from this site. Thank you;} I can't wait to tell the doctor I changed my mind the day before the surgery....He deserves it for thinking it was a slam dunk and that I was some kind of an ignorant peasant. Maybe it will help his next patient to get more information and not have to go through this HELL. I feel so much better and more empowered! Thank you...God bless you.