Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please report problems and concerns here.
Reporting problems
Please remember that as new members, your first discussion needs to go through a moderator's approval process before it can be published. If your discussion can not be published, we will email you with the details.

Please dont create and submit duplicate discussions.

Spine-Health is now up and running on the new system
Simple Tutorial on how to use the new system

ACDF, hard neck braces, and long hair care

BuelaBuela Posts: 67
edited 06/11/2012 - 1:58 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I'm due for a hair cut and color, and definitely plan to do something befor my surgery (1/3/12) but not sure what.

Would shorter hair be easier to care for during the time in a hard neck brace? If so, how short? Or would longer be better so I could put it int a ponytail? Does longer hair tend to get caught in the neck brace?

Or does it not matter because hair care is really not a problem during recovery?
advertisement

Comments

• I always preferred mine in a pony tail. It was just easier that way. I finally had to get mine cut short after my posterior surgery because they shaved the back of my neck and I hated it!
    Susan
  • I would certainly go ahead and color your hair, but personally, I think if your hair was short, it would get tangled in the velcro of the brace. Also, the back of your neck can get hot with the brace on; I can't imagine having shorter hair caught back there.

I'm sure many shorter hair people have coped just fine, but if you have the option, keep it long and wear it in a pony tail or bun of some kind.

Good luck!