Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am so confused right now

Travntina1TTravntina1 Posts: 15
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Chronic Pain
So my PC dr referred me to a new PM Dr. I had an appt with him they(my PC and PM) had set up and they forgot to relay the information to me, so they set up another appointment and called me this time with the information. I had an appointment on Nov 21st, the PM Doctors office called me and said he was not going to be in on that day so they would need to reschedule they had an opening on the 30th if I was interested in that appt and it worked to call them back. Well I did not call them back because that appt did not work for me I figured I would call and r/s the appt as soon as I had some free time (4 kids) I called the office yesterday and left a message explaining the whole situation as noted above. The nurse calls me this morning and tells me he has chosen not to take the responsibility of your care at this time? What did I do wrong? Am I missing something here? I have seen him before for a second opinion, and he did my discogram a couple of years ago. I am so upset and confused what could I have possibly done for him to say that? I keep all my appts especially since I am under a pain contract with my PC doctor.The pain pills I have at the current time are not working any more I had to have my SCS removed cause the battery flipped and was not helping enough to where I could come off my oral meds at all so Dr thought it would be best just to remove it. The pain seems to be getting worse and worse as the days go by now radiating into my legs, and when I wake up in the morning my right thigh is in so much pain I cant handle it, it really is debilitating. Does any one have any idea what could have went wrong or what I am suppost to do now?

• In our situations, it's best not to ignore or postpone a phone cal when someone has made an appointment for you. I'm not sure how long they held the appointment for you, but chances are they set the time aside and then didn't realize until that day or just a few before that you hadn't called back. They get busy too. Doctors are often reimbursed little from insurance companies and filling their appointments is a priority. If you make them upset, there is the possibility that they would get cranky and refuse to see you. Think about it. If you were running a business and called someone to say "I can't fix your car on the day Dr. so and so hoped, but I can see you a week later . . call me and let me know." And they never called you back, and you were trying to plan your schedule with all the other repair appointments, wouldn't you be a little bit ticked? I know I would. I'm sorry this happened to you, but you must communicate and it looks like you will need to find a new PM doctor. Call your GP and see what they recommend.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Tina,
    One thing that comes to mind is the doctor was doing a favor of sorts for your pcp by taking you, and he has been told that you are in a lot of pain. But then a time goes by and they don't hear from you they figure the pain can't be that bad. As Isteller put it is so important to communicate with your doctors as to what is going on. Now you could try to call back the office manger and explain your prior treatments with the doctor, and see if they will reconsider. The other option is explaining to your pcp what has happened and see if they can find you a new pm doctor. Is there a reason your pcp is referring you to a new pm doctor? Keep in mind all these doctors communicate and a lot of it is done electronically. If your pcp is writing your scripts, do you know why he is referring you to a pm?
This discussion has been closed.