Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New intro

LivsmomcarrieLLivsmomcarrie Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in New Member Introductions
I wanted to introduce myself. I've spent quite a bit of time looking around. I am sorry we all have to meet this way and I hope the best outcome for everyone.

2 months ago out of no where I started getting extreme shoulder pain, mri revealed severe herniated c5 c6 herniation. The report said that the herniation caused severe r sided spinal stenosis and also mild spinal cord compression. I went through pt and was feeling back to normal.

2 days ago i got severe lower back pain and numbness and tingling down my right leg. Yesterday it started on my left as well. Went to my pcp today who said that after examination she feels its a disc problem in my lower back. She thinks that it related to the right side, even though i had left sided symptoms. She said she wouldnt recommend another mri due to the radiation exposure and the likelyhood of needing additional tests down the road. She recommends just going forward with pt and see how i feel.

With everyones experience is this the normal approach, wait and see? I just assumed i would get a mri.

My other concern is just having another problem. I thought I was in the clear. My neck didn't show any ddd and there was no obvious cause for the herniation. From what i've seen its unfortunately pretty common to have multiple levels with issues.

Any insight is really appreciated.