Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is there any line one can call for pain sufferers

zigazziga Posts: 143
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Chronic Pain
Is there any specific line for people with pain and trying to move on. People that have had surgery?

• Hmmm, I wish I had the number to 1-800-PAI-NFREE.

What are you looking for? I wish I had an answer. The pain thing really does get old. I'm hitting a low myself right now and trying to determine next steps in regards to who to contact. I'm considering a Physiatrist (I think they are like Pain mgmt doctors but not sure)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,837
    I know locally, several doctors provide phone numbers for patients to call in all sorts of problems. Its like a mini support team, they gry to address patient problems.

But honestly, most of those calls will direct the patient to talk with their doctor face to face.

I really dont have a good answer for this one
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • This is mostly for the night when I feel alone and not able to sleep. There should be a line with someone that works with hypnosis or I don't know that provides relaxing music a story of somebody that was like I am and got better. DiLauro I listen to you so positive...I swear I used to be very happy but everything is so difficult.

• Yes, night can be lonely when the pain creeps up or you have had it.
    That was me last night. I didn't want to wake my husband b/c there is nothing he can do and I figure he needs a break from my pain too.

I hop on here, try to take a hot shower, listen to calming music, or try deep breathing.

Last night...my dog came to find me in the middle of the night. She snuggled up on the chair with me and while not comfortable for pain, it was comforting! Her spirit warms my heart and soul.

Anyhow, hope tonight is better for you.
  • I don't know of any call in lines but you mentioned relaxing music or hypnosis type things. Why not create your own mix of music that relaxes you or makes you sleepy when you hear it and put it aside for those nights when you need it?

For the hypno stuff... you can probably get some instructions at the library or even on the net about self hypnosis.... maybe make a recording of it again, for yourelf when you need it.

I've been home for more than 3 months now and have nurses coming in every day to check on stuff.... one of my nurses told me that in order to relax more, faster, I could try telling myself that I'm relaxing my neck, it's feeling loose and warm (or for you, whatever would help you) and go all the way down to your toes..... record it and put it on when you feeel the need. I used to use something like this to help myself get to sleep, so it can work.
    I hope you find something that helps you with your pain.
This discussion has been closed.