Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Now pain free

Angelsbreath7AAngelsbreath7 Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I posted a few months ago that I suffered from low back pain and sciatic nerve pain, pinched in three areas since my car accident in 1971. I could hardly walk without holding on to the walls and crying. I made the decision to have back surgery, here in Las Vegas, . I read all I could on this site and others and was afraid of the surgery/outcome BUT had faith in the DR. I had my surgery on September 28, 2011. I sit here, pain-free. No back pain no sciatic pain in my buttocks, down my leg, behind my knee and down to my foot. I am truly blessed and at 66 years old have a positive outlook on life and look forward to living the remainder of my life without back pain.
Thank you, for all your encouraging words when I inquired about the surgery/preparation/outcome. God Bless everyone of you and Merry Christmas.

• Procedure is noted as:
    L3-5 xLif, L3-Si posterior fusion and lami

Maybe someone can break that down into plain English.
    Thank you!
  • It is so great to hear positive outcomes for those facing this type of surgery. This can now be one of those things of the past for you and go out and live life large, well deserved. I am sure your recovery had a lot to do with the hard work you have put into it. Take care and thanks for the update.
  • i am very happy for you. <:P thanks for sharing!
  • It puts a smile on my face when he hear stories like this. Congratulations and many pain free years to come!
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    ...for you! And thank you for sharing that awesome news!
    I like what Tam Tam said about going out and living life large! I wish to add "live out loud" and enjoy!
    So happy for you!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• thank you all for your positive, uplifting blogs. We are all brothers and sisters in this world and of course, we want the best for our family.

We are blessed to have this life and yes, we should celebrate every day. I am praying for all of you that are still dealing with health issues. Friday, I will start a "novena" for all of you.

Thank you, again, and God Bless!
  • Hi everyone!

For all of you, I just finished my Novena for you. It was 9 days of prayer with a constantly lit candle. I prayed for a healthier state, cure, peace and clarity of mind and an all emcompassing love for each and everyone of you. This is my way of saying thank you to the universe for curing 40 years of back and sciatic nerve pain. I am so grateful and so blessed, I hope that you will be too. I will continue to burn the candles 24-7 until the end of the month. God Bless you all.

• angelsbreath,
    I hadn't heard of a novena before. I really value your prayers and wish you a very Happy and Blessed Christmas.

Keep up the good healing. =D>

>:D< >:D< >:D<