Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ldavis2333lldavis2333 Posts: 108
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had an Mri a couple of weeks ago. I've been in a lot of pain for a long time. There are small central herniations T10-T12 w/out impingement. Surgical changes of anterior fusion with cages. Small amount of enhancing perineural scar tissue around the right l5 nerve root in right lateral recess. Slight loss of disc height. Right and left lateral herniations at l2-l3 and l3-l4 encroaching upon and possibly irritating l2-3 nerve roots. Respepectively for L3-4. L5 partially sacralized.

The surgeon that did the lumbar fusion also did a cervical fusion C3-C7 with rods and screws. He admitted the fusion failed and should have gone down another level. He's been avoiding me and clearly does not want to continue treating me.

I had to find a new surgeon who is proposing a Laminectomy L2-4. I am questioning why he would do a Laminectomy without fusion. He said the problem was spinal stenosis. Don't get me wrong, I don't want more surgery than I need. I also don't want to be back here in 2 years for a fusion. He commented several times that I already had a fusion.

Don't mean to be so long winded, but I have been through hell. I am afraid of making the wrong decision. He also doesn't think I will get much back pain relief

I need to know if anyone here has had this kind of experience. I will be getting a surgery date tomorrow and don't feel confident. If anybody knows anything, it's here

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    ...your frustration. Surgery is not an option for me, so I can't speak to that but wanted to acknowledge your pain and frustration.

I would think you should be able to talk with your doc a little more to have more confidence in what is happening and it is indeed the right choice.

Doc may think since you had surgery previously, he doesn't need to say as much. I would just ask all my questions til it made sense to me.

I wish you the best of luck to have your spine treated and your pain controlled!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Hi Savage,

My surgery is scheduled for 01/24. I will be seeing my PCP for pre-op on the 11th. I feel comfortable talking to her. I will discuss it with her. They are both in the same practice and she can relay to him my concerns. The surgeon has an all business approach. I can't even get out of bed most of the time.

Our car died about 2 weeks ago. Both of us being disabled on SS, it really put us in a spot. Luckily, we are getting a car next week. I found this charity if anyone needs a car. I was able to collect over 1600 votes. I will donate the votes to someone else. If someone here needs a car and signs up, let me know. PAY IT FORWARD:)

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Authority Member Liz

• I was trying to help someone. I understand:)
  • Hi. Davis. Lami is the least invasive so i am sure he wants to try that before jumping to fusion. If it dont hapen to help then fusion can stil be done later. Just keep your fingers. Crossed and hope for the best.

It might not be great but as long as nerve has no more pressure on it fusion might be avoided. Best of luck to ya with your surgery and let us know how it comes out, We will all keep our fingers crossed for your surgery will help and you have good recovery,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,