Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

HolzhkrHHolzhkr Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
In October of 2011 I had two fainting episodes within two days. The first episode I was taken from work by ambulance to our local hospital and was in and out of conscience, the second I was able to remain conscience but was very weak. In both cases my heart rate and blood pressure were erratic. This is very unusual for me, I exercise daily and I am very healthy.
The Emergency doctor told me to see my primary doctor to run test to diagnose the problem. So, my primary doctor ordered various tests. I then told her that this summer I had extreme right arm pain (and still do), so she ordered an x-ray of my neck. From this x-ray they told me I had arthritis in my shoulders and cervical stenosis.
At the start of the fainting episodes she suggested a MRI to see if there was any brain reason for the fainting /dizziness. Since the EEG and heart ultra sound came back negative she does not seem to think I need a MRI.
So, my question is….Do I need a MRI to get a base line of the stenosis? I have always had neck issues. In my late 20’s I had a MRI because I had a lot of pain…It did not show anything…Now I am 47 and I wake up feeling like I am 80…Please give me your opinion!

• When I had numbness, tingling, weakness and pain in my leg my Dr. sent me for an EMG/nerve test to see if it was coming from my spine and if it was a compressed nerve.

I also have C-spine issues where my left arm becomes very painful and elbow sore and tingling in my fingers. When I was sent to Physiotherapy the PT did some gentle manual traction of my neck and ultrasound treatments and the arm pain was relieved is how I know the arm pain was from the neck.

Sometimes your Dr. would send one to Physiotherapy for a few weeks to see if you get relief from that but if you're having any tingling or numbness you should let your Dr. know so they can order an EMG/nerve test.

Does the x-ray say what level the arthritis is? You can check a Dermatome map to see of the arm pain matches the level of arthritis. But really only a Dr. can let you know what needs to be done but do let them know if your arm is numb or tingling or weak. I hope you find a Dr. to help you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • to the Forum! Since none of us are doctors we aren't qualified to give medical advice. Your best bet would be to talk to your doctor about getting an MRI of your neck. Many doctors also like to have other tests done as well to enable them to arrive at an accurate diagnosis as well as a treatment plan.

Any time you have something to share that isn't advertising, please feel free to post. We've all been there done that when it comes to spine issues, so we can empathize, and we have videos and a Search feature for general information.

Best wishes, and keep us posted. >:D<, Ess